X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Kobus
    • Aug 2005

Catalogue software

Anybody here that catalog their collection.

I feel like doing it, but not sure if its worth the hassle. I think I will give it a shop.

Any pointers to software and scanners?

There are obviously a lot of free software. I would like to utilise the scanner on my IPhone. I see that the "CLZ BARRY" scanner is recommended by Collectorz......

But I see that it is $50 (R500) for that program.

Anybody know of free software that can utilise your IPhone as scanner?

Anything else?
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

If you find anything that can scan for free, do let us know. I do catalog my entire collection of music, movies, and video games, but did it in Excel, mostly for inventory purposes.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• Glen B
      Super Senior Member
      • Jul 2004

I have used CATraxx cataloging software for many years. Of all the software I have tried, to me it is the most user friendly and versatile. It costs about $35, bit IMO is more than worth the cost. The Swedish developer Fredrik Nordbakke (FNProgramvare) is very responsive to customer needs and suggestions. Anyone who appreciates the quality of customer service you get from a company like Classé would appreciate the similar level of responsiveness from FNProgramvare. To me, there is value there that goes well beyond free software.

With CATraxx you can manage both CDs, vinyl and audio files. You only need to insert a CD/SACD into your computer disc drive and the program will scan it and download all album information and cover image. In the case of vinyl, you only need to type in the album title and artist name or alternately, album catalog number, and CATraxx will automatically download all album information and cover image. With digital audio files, CATraxx will scan file folders and create complete lists according to the layout you have created.

I like being able to lookup my music catalog by medium, genre, sub genre, or track, especially where a song has multiple covers. That beats physically searching hundreds of discs for a specific track. CATraxx allows the user to generate various custom reports (with or wthout images) in several different formats. I create reports two columns wide in PDF that I keep on my iPhone for reference to avoid buying duplicates when I am away from home. I also use their CATVids software to manage my video collection.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"