X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • spadez
    • Jan 2010

Wire and resistance question for Dayton RS TMWW

Hi,

I am in the process of finishing up some speakers and I was wondering if anyone in the know could help me out. It is mostly to do with cabling and resistance.

My first question is, what overall resistance is this speaker, the Dayton RS TMWW. Is it 4ohm or 8ohm overall?

DIY (Do it yourself): Cabinetry, speakers, subwoofers, crossovers, measurements. Jon and Thomas have probably designed and built as many speakers as any non-professionals. Who are we kidding? They are pros, they just don't do it for a living. This has got to be one of the most advanced places on the net to talk speaker building, period.

Secondly, in terms of wire, I can get some 14awg multicore wire from work for free. I was wondering if this would be sufficient to drive these speakers or if I am better off paying more. I would rather avoid paying if possible but if the wire is going to let down the speakers then I will have to pay. The wire will be running around 4-5 meters.

Thank you
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

I'm not familiar with those particular speakers (you may want to ask in the DIY subforum) but 14 gauge speaker cable is generally fine for any speakers. I always overengineer things, so I use 12 gauge or higher, but if you have 14 gauge cable for free, heck, go for it!
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"