Headphone amp issue w/digital connections!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Headphone amp issue w/digital connections!!

Hey all, tonight....I just tried to listen to a concert using my headphone amp via my Rotel amp using my tape out's via my Rotel's digital inputs and it does not work!. Why??. Does the Rotel not covert the digital signal to analog or must I connect everything via it'a analog out's to use the headphone amp via the tape out output??. ARGH !!! :roll:
    Dan Madden :T
  • audioqueso
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

Head <==> Headphone Amp <==> Rotel Tapeout <==> Rotel Digital Input <==> Source
    Is that what you mean? If so, that shouldn't work because the tape out is usually just a bridge from the analog inputs. It does not get processed.
    Yes, the Rotel does do D to A, but the tape out is usually just a bridge on the same circuit board as the rest of the analog inputs.
    B&W 804S/Velodyne SPL-1000R/Anthem MRX720

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by audioqueso
      Head <==> Headphone Amp <==> Rotel Tapeout <==> Rotel Digital Input <==> Source
      Is that what you mean? If so, that shouldn't work because the tape out is usually just a bridge from the analog inputs. It does not get processed.
      Yes, the Rotel does do D to A, but the tape out is usually just a bridge on the same circuit board as the rest of the analog inputs.

RATS !!. Now I've got to get a pile of RCA cables to wire my Oppo dvd and PS3 to the Rotel in analog. You would figure that the Rotel would convert the digital signal for the tape outs???. Sheesh!! :roll:
      Dan Madden :T

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"