X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fyonn
    • Nov 2002

digital outputs on the 1066

hiya folks

I *may* have the ability to pick up a pair of meridian active speakers that I would use as mains but these beasties only accept digital inputs. does anyone know how successful I would be using them with the 1066 if I were to get them?

I was wondering about plugging them into the coax digital output but a) does that change to whatever the source happens to be, ie is it dynamic or is it the "record out" option. I wouldn;t want to press several buttons to change source. and b) when the source is a dolby digital or dts stream.. what comes out of the digital outs? is it the same stream that went in, the front 2 channels in pcm (ideal), nothing?

I know that the digital outs won't output analog sources but I only have 1 analog source and I think that analog to digital converters aren't *that* expensive (for cheap ones, it's only for the tv).

can anyone see any other major problems that I haven;t thought about? how about volume? does a digital connection allow for a volume control? I can't be changing volume seperately on the actives and the rotel, I'd never keep them in sync.

cheers for any help

dave
  • AlvaroD
    • Oct 2002

I'm afraid it won't work.

The digital output on the 1066 is a perfect copy of the digital input selected for listening.
    Thus there's no volume control. Furthermore, any non-PCM signal (like Dolby Digital or DTS) present à 1066's input will be routed "as is" to the output. I believe the meridian speakers only take PCM input.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"