X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

Audio Meltdown!!!

True to the words spoken by Kevin that at my age, you don't celebrate Christmas rather than survive it. Christmas day, my wife relocated our Christmas tree to accommodate our guests. Where you ask?????

IN FRONT OF MY LEFT FLIBBIN' SPEAKER......THAT' WHERE!!!

sacrilegious !!!! :E

First thing the following morning......the tree was dispatched back away from my system!!!

sheesh!!! :roll:
    Dan Madden :T
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Tell us how you really feel about that tree! :twisted:

Maybe next year you can negotiate to have the tree in a different room, or the other side of your audio room?

If you're stuck with a stupid tree, you're probably stuck listening to cheesy, overplayed Christmas music too, in which case a good soundstage isn't nearly as important. :P

But then, Christmas is over now. Is the tree gone yet? :B

Comment

• madmac
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Kevin P
      Tell us how you really feel about that tree! :twisted:

Maybe next year you can negotiate to have the tree in a different room, or the other side of your audio room?

If you're stuck with a stupid tree, you're probably stuck listening to cheesy, overplayed Christmas music too, in which case a good soundstage isn't nearly as important. :P

But then, Christmas is over now. Is the tree gone yet? :B

How I felt about that tree??? I wanted to burn it down....that's how I felt!! :M

Yes..... I was stuck listening to cheesy, overplayed Christmas music. I'll never forget the end of the evening when the last guests left the house......I walked over to the Stereo and some infernal, seriously overplayed Christmas song was droning out and I practically HIT the power button of my Rotel to KILL IT !!!.

Tree will be gone THE DAY AFTER NEW YEARS DAY!!.

................Thank you for listening............ :lol:

Comment

• JonMarsh
        Mad Max Moderator
        • Aug 2000

Well, even if there's 12 days to Christmas per the old song, still that leaves, umm, 353 without the tree?

Now, if someone had been blocking my system the last few days with the new things I've been listening to, I probably would be a bit warm under the collar. Is that your situation? Otherwise, I'd say chill for the long haul and the sake of domestic tranquility, unless you want the ultimate in domestic tranquility, such as I routinely experience.
        the AudioWorx
        Natalie P
        M8ta
        Modula Neo DCC
        Modula MT XE
        Modula Xtreme
        Isiris
        Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
        Minerva Monitor
        Calliope
        Ardent D

In Development...
        Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
        Obi-Wan
        Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
        Modula PWB
        Calliope CC Supreme
        Natalie P Ultra
        Natalie P Supreme
        Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
        Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• madmac
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by JonMarsh
          Well, even if there's 12 days to Christmas per the old song, still that leaves, umm, 353 without the tree?

Now, if someone had been blocking my system the last few days with the new things I've been listening to, I probably would be a bit warm under the collar. Is that your situation? Otherwise, I'd say chill for the long haul and the sake of domestic tranquility, unless you want the ultimate in domestic tranquility, such as I routinely experience.

Putting a tree in front of a speaker is just WRONG!! However as Kevin said, I survive it rather than celebrate it!!. Also, I would absolutely NOT spin anything new or old that I seriously want to listen to with a tree in front of my speaker!! Christmas music simply does not matter in the sonic scheme of things right??.

Ok....I've survived it......it's over now...... :lol:

Comment

• Kevin P
            • Aug 2000

Wife moves tree in front of speaker...

Husband's response: Move speaker in front of tree!

It may not be perfect if you have to move the speaker out of its optimum position. But it's still better than having the tree right in front!

To Jon: I wish there were "only" 12 days of Christmas. These days it starts the day after Thanksgiving and doesn't end until after New Year's. No wonder I only survive it instead of celebrating it. I'm sick of it long before it arrives! :twisted:

I guess I'm fortunate that we have a foyer the tree goes in, and a whole house audio system that handles the cheesy Stressmas music, so I don't have to spoil my Martin Logans with it, and if I need an escape, my HT is still available.... to watch Christmas Vacation! :rofl:

Comment

• JonMarsh
              Mad Max Moderator
              • Aug 2000

Oh Kevin, let's not get started with Stressmas Movies - how about Four Christmases with Reese Witherspoon?
              the AudioWorx
              Natalie P
              M8ta
              Modula Neo DCC
              Modula MT XE
              Modula Xtreme
              Isiris
              Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
              Minerva Monitor
              Calliope
              Ardent D

In Development...
              Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
              Obi-Wan
              Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
              Modula PWB
              Calliope CC Supreme
              Natalie P Ultra
              Natalie P Supreme
              Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
              Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• madmac
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Kevin P
                Wife moves tree in front of speaker...

Husband's response: Move speaker in front of tree!

It may not be perfect if you have to move the speaker out of its optimum position. But it's still better than having the tree right in front!

To Jon: I wish there were "only" 12 days of Christmas. These days it starts the day after Thanksgiving and doesn't end until after New Year's. No wonder I only survive it instead of celebrating it. I'm sick of it long before it arrives! :twisted:

I guess I'm fortunate that we have a foyer the tree goes in, and a whole house audio system that handles the cheesy Stressmas music, so I don't have to spoil my Martin Logans with it, and if I need an escape, my HT is still available.... to watch Christmas Vacation! :rofl:

It was actually worse then that!. Upon moving the tree directly in front of the speaker, my wife asks......."Can we move the speaker back a bit to make more room for the tree".

NOT IMPRESSED!!!. :x Put little sticky tapes on the floor to mark the optimum placement the speaker was in and walked away with a scowl!! :x

Comment

• Kevin P
                  • Aug 2000

Simple solution again: Cut off a corner of the tree to make room for the speaker.

Or if it's artificial, remove the branches that are in the way of the speaker. Bingo, tree hugs speaker, looks good where wife wanted it, speaker stays put, both are happy.

Yes, I'm a bit of a grinch, this year especially. I think I enjoy Christmas less every year. After 45 of them, they do get old.

Comment

• Lex
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Apr 2001

I suggest a trial separation. Until some people can understand what is truly important to other people. Then only then can "balance" be restored. (Get it?)

If you prefer to keep household order...
                    rose bud clippers for a real tree branches, or bolt cutters for a fake tree, and cut out the offending area of tree.

Or move both speakers in front of tree, and rebalance.
                    Doug
                    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by Lex
                      I suggest a trial separation. Until some people can understand what is truly important to other people. Then only then can "balance" be restored. (Get it?)

If you prefer to keep household order...
                      rose bud clippers for a real tree branches, or bolt cutters for a fake tree, and cut out the offending area of tree.

Or move both speakers in front of tree, and rebalance.

Tis' for only a few weeks........I'll survive it......then, I'll move on and listen to some real music properly and.......... in peace!! :T

Comment

• impala454
                        Ultra Senior Member
                        • Oct 2007

Jon that is about the nicest way I've ever heard that put, I'll have to remember that "the ultimate in domestic tranquility". I also experience that on a routine basis :P
                        -Chuck

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"