X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • yesterdayman
    • Oct 2011

Substitute for Bose speakers in a Bose System

Iv'e been had. I bought a second hand Bose 5.1 system: Lifestyle 20 + Acustomas 25. and no speakers. I believed it was simply a matter of buying those separately. It is but is cheaper to buy the whole system new. I cant afford that and I don't want to be exposed in the family as the dodo that I was (am).
    So my question is are there other speakers that would be compatible?. That is to say would take their feed of the Acustomas unit without been separately powered. And what would be their specifications. from what Iv'e read getting Bose quality should be inexpensive if you stay away from Bose?
    I will be grateful for contributions. Sadly I've been left behind by technology and not enough time left to catch up!.

Thanks
  • Johnloudb
    Super Senior Member
    • May 2007

So you have this, without the small speakers but with the subwoofer?

The NHT super zero 2.0 is an excellent sounding little speaker and gets great reviews. 5 of them would be $500.00.

I wouldn't look for Bose speakers as they are way over price for what you get.
    John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"