X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Audio Forums

Because I don't do well stuck indoors at a desk. I take constant breaks and go to forums that interest me. I tend to be hyper they stop me from just grabbing my surfboard and running outside.

As I was cycling through the forums I like I started thinking what made each one different for me. Here is what I come up with.

Here I like it because it is pretty much a family atmosphere. People post here to have simple questions answered and to try to help each other out. You even think you have somewhat of a feel who the various posters are.

SH forum, where I spend the most time, is about the music. It is plum full of folks that the music really is first and the equipment is just a necessary evil. Many of the members are in the music business and are very helpful and knowledgeable. It maintains a very fun non flame throwing atmosphere.

Audiogon forum is, of course, first and foremost about selling and buying. It is also a good place for a little broader knowledge on equipment than you will find here. You can expect some disputes regarding sales and occasionally run across a Troll or two but, that just goes with the territory. After all, you are dealing with sales across the world with people you have and will never meet. Some problems are just unavoidable.

Then there is Audio Asylum. That is were you go to read rants be ranted at and just be amused by the seriousness that some audiophiles approach a hobby. I have to admit I pretty much stay in SH but like to go there on occasion to gripe and get griped at. It is a sick thrill to gently poke sticks at a ranting curmudgeon and get them all riled up.

Ok, I took my break now back to trying to prepare for October.
Working...
Searching...Please wait.
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
There are no results that meet this criteria.
Search Result for "|||"