X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Industrial
    • Mar 2009

Upgraded from Rega P5 to P7

I had the P5 for a year and loved it. However my dealer has a 100% within a year tradeup deal. So I said why not. He even included a a Mico-Benz Silver to replace my Elys 2 for not much more.

Ive heard the Rega P7 with an Elys 2 before so I know the cart does make a different. But even with the Elys there is a noticeable improvement.

But the combo of p7/micro benz silver is damn nice. Its a HO MC cart so its a bit more detailed but its is still so damn smooth sounding.

I think Ive found the vinyl rig I will be using for years, I need to upgrade my speakers and amp now to keep up

The above statements are only based on opinion and the emotional impact music has on me.
  • mjb
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Congratulations on the upgrade, there's a review of the P5/P7 here: http://www.stereophile.com/turntables/1204rega

Do you prefer an in-board motor (under the platter driving a smaller sub-platter) or an independent out-board motor (driving the platter) arrangement?
    - Mike

Main System:
    B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
    Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Industrial
      • Mar 2009

Probably read that review 10x before upgrading. Ive heard onboard and outboard I cant say I actually hear a difference. Outboard kinda looks cools tho. But I like the classic look of my table.

Comment

• miner
        • Mar 2005

I went from a P5/Exact to a P7/Dynavetor DV20X to a P9/Lyra Delos. each progressive step was a noticable improvement - the biggest being the P7 to the P9. I do recommend the 'white belt' upgrade and adding the Rega tungsten heavyweight.

Comment

• wkhanna
          Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Congrats on the upgrade, Industrial!

Those higher number Rega’s are known for their PRaT & drawing you in to the music.

As solid investment and a great deal.

Nice to hear you have good old fashion brick & mortar dealer who can offer such perks to his loyal patrons.
          _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
          ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Industrial
            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by miner
            I went from a P5/Exact to a P7/Dynavetor DV20X to a P9/Lyra Delos. each progressive step was a noticable improvement - the biggest being the P7 to the P9. I do recommend the 'white belt' upgrade and adding the Rega tungsten heavyweight.
            Yea I would love the P9 but I need that extra cash for some new floorstanderss and maybe some Monoblocks The P7 I have does have the Tungsten weight, its the first thing I noticed when I went to cue up the arm. I could feel the weight difference. The white belt tho, I cant see how that can help? What is the improvement? Curious

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"