X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

Check it out

Start with the introduction (episode #2)

Playing For Change entire library of Songs Around The World, Live Outside, PFC Band, Mark's Park videos. Featuring artists like Slash, Carlos Santana, John Paul Jones, Keith Richards, Sara Bareilles, Jack Johnson, Susan Tedeschi, Derek Trucks, Keb' Mo', Taj Mahal

I can't wait for my DVDs to arrive
  • Bob
    • Jul 2000

This page has the 6 most popular episodes. For a long time I have thought that putting individual members of a band in seperate booths to record their part of a song has caused recorded music to lose some of the soul it had back in the 50's and 60's. But, when individual musicians that have never met play their part listening to the rest of the "band" over earphones. And, their booth is a corner of the world thousands of miles from their fellow band members. Something magical happens.
    Maybe what makes it special is that they are all "real" musicians. Not some hype from a record label (can you say GAGA, Madonna, etc.)

Comment

• Bob
      • Jul 2000

Wow. Am I really the only one that thinks this is cool?

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Bob, I just saw it. Yes, that is crazily cool. I guess I'm not enough of a musician (talent limited to putting the LP on the turntable & the CD in the drive) to understand how a person just picks up all the intangibles that allow them to play and sing along like that. But I certainly like the results.

Go Grandpa Elliot! :T

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Lex
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Apr 2001

Pretty cool Bob, I gave a listen.
          Doug
          "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

Wow! Most interesting thing I've seen on the net in a long time! Incredible works as well.

Comment

• David Meek
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Aug 2000

Bob, now you've done it. I have tons of things to do today, but I can't pull away from this stuff. :

Comment

• David Meek
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Aug 2000

Listen/watch video #8 "War/No More Trouble" and see if it doesn't make the hairs on your head stand up. It did it to me. W O W.

They did cheat a little bit on this one. Some guy named Bono was singing with them.

DVD/CD combo on order. C'mon snail mail.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Yeah I ordered it and also snatched it on iTunes.

Comment

• Hdale85
                    Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

Comment

• Bob
                      • Jul 2000

I got excited enough about the project that I called a friend of mine that I have worked with a few times. He recorded most of Merle and Doc Watsons albums.
                      He also loved it and we are going to make a sample video and send it in with our resumes. We know a incredible couple that would fit right in with the other musicians.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"