X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenhorn
    • Feb 2007

Wizard of Oz - Dark Side of the Moon

So the story goes... I ended up going to the Pearl Jam concert with the guy who I bought the ticket from. His son couldn't make it, picked up the ticket on the way and offered him a ride. Interesting fellow, from Mexico, had only been here a couple years, little hard to understand, every likable fellow... So in talking music his favorite band was Pink Floyd.

I remembered that I had a VHS copy of the airing TBS did of the Wizard of Oz with Dark Side of the Moon soundtracking over the dialog. Back in the day TBS actually did a special airing with the two matched up. The story for those who don't know (he had only vaguely heard the story) is that if you play Dark Side of the Moon and the Wizard of Oz at the same time, the mood, tempo and pace of the music match the movie. While the movie is longer, things continue to sync by replaying again.

Lots have been written about this, Pink Floyd has commented there was no intent... Of course Dark Side of the Moon is a great listen and the Wizard of Oz is something special story wise and visually. Some think is doen't really match, but having seen it, I think it's pretty cool.

It took a lot of digging, but I manage to find it and I'm converting to DVD. While the VHS to DVD through the computer won't produce the best picture, I think it is a must see for Pink Floyd Fans.
  • Kevin D
    Ultra Senior Member
    • Oct 2002

It's pretty easy to find a very professionally produced DVD to download, including cover art and a full menu system. Including the audio in surround sound. Pretty cool indeed.

The same people that did it also did Echoes set on top of Alice in Wonderland.

Kevin D.

Comment

• greenhorn
      • Feb 2007

When you say "to download" what are you talking about specifically? Not real up on downloading stuff. Don't really know where to start or look? Just Google?

Thanks

Comment

• Kevin D
        Ultra Senior Member
        • Oct 2002

Google "Dark Side of the Rainbow". I know it's on Youtube, to get the burnable DVD version might take some digging.

Kevin D.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"