Trying to make up my mind ...again (subs)

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • John M
    • Jun 2009

Trying to make up my mind ...again (subs)

Hello to all ! I'm new here . I am trying to pick a new sub (s) . About 18 years ago , I bought a ULD-18 to go with my Infinity Kappa Nines . After some time I had trouble driving the( down to two ohm loads ) nines and traded in the set up for two kappa Eights and two ULD-15's . I found the 15's did not go where the 18 went . I miss the 18 !
    Now I am thinking of upgrading my 15's to either a pair of SVS13 , or one DD-18 . Any thoughts ? Thanks !
  • twitch54
    • Apr 2006

While JL 'Fathoms" may be King of the Subs I do love my DD-15, so if you feel the need for the "Big Woofer" go for the 18 !
    Dave

Comment

• John M
      • Jun 2009

I am having trouble understading how a smaller driver could deliver what an 18 can do . My 2 older uld 15 came close .

Comment

• exojam
        • Dec 2006

If the prices are anywhere near what I am finding on the net for a DD-18, I would go and look at a Submersive from Mark Seaton. You can read about them below.

Here is the pricing - options page for all of his products:

Comment

• twitch54
          • Apr 2006

Originally posted by John M
          I am having trouble understading how a smaller driver could deliver what an 18 can do . My 2 older uld 15 came close .
          I take two properly set-up and EQ'd 15" subs any day of the week over a single 18", room anomolies are much easier dealt with for one thing.
          Dave

Comment

• gross30
            • Jun 2005

twitch54, I completely agree with the DD 15's. I run 2 as well, and they are more than enough to do the job for music and ht. They have some serious jam to them as well. I love em'..... :T

Comment

• John M
              • Jun 2009

Thank you all for your thoughts on this . My 15s were subs were uld's . Without driving them to much louder than life , they seem to show an earler limit . I'm sure the dd-15 are quit better/different .

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"