X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jnorth1178
    • Feb 2006

How to Connect?

I have installed on m computer a program which stores my classic albums. What are the connections I should use to connect the computer to my 2 way hi fi? I know this is a freshman question but I cannot find any instructions on it. I have a Dell computer and a Prima Luna 3 pre amp and a Prima Luna 6 amp. Thanks for any help. Jnorth
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Well.... do you want to do it properly? Or just something that works for now? If your just looking for something that works you would get a 2 channel 1/8" plug to RCA cables and plug it into the sound card. If you want to do it properly you would want to get a USB DAC.

Comment

• mjb
      Super Senior Member
      • Mar 2005

I'd recommend a small external USB audio adapter, they start at around $50 and often have both analogue and Optical outputs.
      - Mike

Main System:
      B&W 802D, HTM2D, SCMS
      Classé SSP-800, CA-2200, CA-5100

Comment

• Jnorth1178
        • Feb 2006

How to Connect?

Greetings: I appreciate the responses I received. This p.m. I went down to our local upend store. Asked them the same question. They introduced me to the Rhapsody program. I am going to give that a try. It seems to offer what I need. I sm a 90 year old and becoming more limited in physical activity.
        So on those long winter evenings, it will be nice to browse such a wealth of musical offerings. If any of you have had any experience with Rhapsody, I would enjoy hearing from you. Thahks. JNorth

Comment

• Jnorth1178
          • Feb 2006

Rhapsody?

Inmy last post I mentioned that I was going to try Rhapsody for my Music source. The fellow from my Dealer came out and spent four hours trying to get Rhapsody installed. He admitted that it was on,y the 2nd time he had installed the program. Found that my modem was faulty. Took it back and got a new one today. Spent two hours with ATT tech person last night trying to install the new modem. Finally the lady hung up on me. T onight i tried once more with ATT. Another young lady spent an hour with me. But we did get the modem connected. Hurrah! This still leaves me with a Rhapsody program that i am uncertain about. What does owning the box give you that downloading Rhapsody direcly doesn"t give you? The cost is the same once you have purchased the box -- around $12.00 a month. I would appreciate any input you fellows/gals can give me. Jack North

Comment

• Hdale85
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Jan 2006

How much was the Rhapsody box? Honestly I probably would have just got a squeezebox.

Comment

• Jnorth1178
              • Feb 2006

Rhapsody

The Box cost $300. If ou would have bought a 'sqeeze box' what is the difference from that and the Rhapsody? Isn't the Rhsapdofy s Squeeze Boz? You can see I am a novice at this? JNorth

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"