X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • gofishdw
    • Jan 2008

ARC upgrade advice

I'm looking to upgrade my Citation 19's and possibly ARC LS7 with additional ARC amp(s) and pre-amp. Rest of equipment includes Vandersteen 2C,Esoteric P700, CAL Sigma II and ARC interconnects. I've had recommendations for D 240s , D 115 or V 70 in decreasing order. I've also had recommendations to upgrade the LS7 to a LS17 or LS15. Any thoughts. I have had no luck finding D240s.
  • twitch54
    • Apr 2006

the LS-17 is a fine pre, its pedigree traced to the LS-26 and Ref-3.

While I'm a big fan of ARC gear, been in my system for twenty years, I prefer their tube amps. There have been a few Vt-100mkII pop up on the "Gon" lately, fan cooled if that bothers you. If your budget allows take a listen to the ref-110, sweet piece !

BTW, in case you didn't hear, ARC has been sold !
    Dave

Comment

• gofishdw
      • Jan 2008

ARC upgrade advice

thanks
      any advice about the preamp- go enough or upgrade(LS7)

Comment

• twitch54
        • Apr 2006

Not if you still enjoy it ! The 6922 tubes are not exspensive to replace, nothing wrong that pre, put your $$ into your new amp(s) first, give a listen to the 17 or the 26 and see if it makes sense for you down the road.
        Dave

Comment

• zmanbands
          • May 2007

Call ARC

Call ARC tech support. Nobody knows this stuff better than they do. They give good info as well. All tube power amps are costly to run due to tube replacement cost that's why ARC came out with some Hybrids.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"