X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Alloroc
    Super Senior Member
    • Dec 2005

The world's number one 'audiophile'...

Have a look at the collection of equipment and content that this guy has....

It's quite spectacular.

I might not agree with his 'title' but but boy would I like to spend a day or two around at his place...

Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.
  • Race Car Driver
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Thats a little nuts.....

Wow!
    B&W

Comment

• wkhanna
      Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
      • Jan 2006

I think I want to marry this guy :E
      _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
      ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Oh, and here I opened this thread thinking that you were talking about me! I'll go take a look-see...
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
          Super Senior Member
          • May 2005

I would gladly accept an invitation to spend some time at Mr Li's house.

Two things in that article make me think well of Mr Li.

Firstly, he's clearly into music. He knows where specific albums are and he is adept at using his equipment. If he was just a hardware junkie then I would be most unimpressed. My experience of many hi-fi enthusiasts is that the more they are into their equipment the less they tend to be into music, which makes me wonder what their motives are for owning such good equipment. Mr Li is clearly an exception. He is devoted to his music as well as his equipment.

Secondly, Mr Li enjoys sharing his passion and his assets with other people. I respect and admire that attitude. Good on him I say.

Now if Mr Li wants to give me some of his gear to make room for new equipment then I would graciously accept. I'm just that kind of guy.

Nigel.

Comment

• PewterTA
            • Nov 2004

Now come on guys...

HOW can he be the number one when he doesn't even have BOSE and MONSTER CABLE products?!?!

You guys just really dissapoint me. :lol:

That would definitely be a treat to go and see/hear all that. I'd also love to know just how much he's spent on all that. I have a total in my head with looking at the pictures, but I know it's gotta me more than even that!
            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
            -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

AhhhhHHHHH!!! You said the M* word! You know the drill, send your $2.00 homage to... blah, blah, blah.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• dyazdani
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Oct 2005

Cool article, that's a lot of stuff he's collected...
                Danish

Comment

• Alloroc
                  Super Senior Member
                  • Dec 2005

It's an astounding collection - I've never seen anything quite like it. Imagine being able to acquire the top of the line speaker from some of the best out there and build a room around each pair, and then some.

The thing is, and here's my only criticism, I don't really know how one could truly get to listen to and get know an entire collection like that - it's impossible. He has to have stuff that he's never listened to. Like, I have my Kharmas a couple of years now and I'm still finding things out all the time - same album on vinyl or sacd - it takes me an age to really explore a record. But perhaps that's just me.

All the same, If I could do what Mr. Li has done, I probably would.

Funny comment about the klipsch. I didn't notice any B&W either....
                  Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• sirbogey
                    • Mar 2006

and I actually live minutes away from this guy now! might actually pay him a visit....

Comment

• Hdale85
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Jan 2006

That is just......words cannot describe that collection as no word substantial enough has been invented to describe such a collection If I ever amount to 1% of what he has I'll be quite happy.

When this guy dies they will turn his house into an audio museum.

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

I hope when this guy dies they'll look me up and give it over to me.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"