X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • georgev
    • Jul 2004

JL Audio FATHOM Subwoofers

Anybody here with personal experience of these subs?
    Rated highly by reviewers.
  • Chas_T
    • Feb 2003

Excellent subwoofer. Takes up limited space, built like a tank, attractive aesthetics, has an ARO which not perfect, can tame one frequency and output is rather amazing for its size. Stereophile and many other mags have reviewed the sub with very favorable comments. The price is not cheap in American dollars, but worth the extra cost IMHO.

A very satisfied owner.

Comment

• nikos
      • Dec 2005

I use the sub 50/50 for music and HT.
      I listen to 90% electronic dance music which is naturally bass heavy.

The sub is not only... very musically accurate, but its great in HT.
      It is very fast and has the cleanest bass i've ever heard.

JL really has done their homework in the car audio business and thankfully are sharing that success with these for our living rooms.

I'm a very happy owner and recommend it to anyone interested.
      I'll eventually add a second one to have stereo bass. Subwoofer to subwoofer you'll have a hard time finding anything that beats it IMHO for its price range, maybe even betters a lot more expensive units. Try and demo one if you can.

It has become the centerpiece of my setup and I'm building everything around it.

It's worth every penny in workmanship, aesthetics, performance and its pure musical bliss.

:T

I can't wait to pair it to my new 804s's that I'm getting to replace my existing speakers...

Nikos
      Classe SSP-800, Classe CA-5200, B&W 803D, B&W HTM2D, JL Audio Fathom f113 Subwoofer, Rotel RMB-1077(for sale), Oppo DV-983H, Panasonic PT-AE900U Xbox360, Sony PS3, Samsung 8000 Series 55" LCD, Klipsch promedia 5.1 ultra for PC

Comment

• georgev
        • Jul 2004

. Try and demo one if you can.

Can't demo it as we don't have a dealer in South Africa.
        Looking to buy a pair of f112's to pair with my 802's.

Shouldn't go wrong, should I?

Comment

• Chas_T
          • Feb 2003

George,

One of the gents who posts over on AVS who is a rep for JL (ML_Smith) has 2 JL F112's in his setup with smaller satellite speakers. A lot of people like 2 subs for better balance if you can place them in the appropriate position. I am not quite sure about co-location what the effect would be. I think co-location or stacking raises output by a few db's when co-locating. I am not a sub expert on that comment.

Some people take the approach that if you purchase 1 JL F113 eventually you can add another and not have to be concerned about the smaller sibling not being adequate for a room size.

I do not want to post a link on HTGuide, but you might want to go to AVSforum under audio/subwoofers and locate the thread specifiably for the Fathom. There is a lot of information in that thread if you've not read it.

The 113 is one of the best purchases I've made in audio and I've been doing this for 25 years. I would recommend it to anyone.

Charles

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"