The amp of your dreams...what would it be?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • pearsall001
    • Dec 2005

The amp of your dreams...what would it be?

This is an easy one for me. Without blinking an eye it would be a McIntosh. The MC402 in particular. Oodles of pure American muscle, 400w per channel (min) to be exact. I just love the history of the company, the technology, and lets not forget those gorgeous blue meters. To my ears the sound is just so sweet & involving that I get goose bumps. Well, like the title says - the amp of your dreams. I've been saving loose change for some time now & maybe in a few more years. Till then I'll just "Dream On"
  • joetama
    • May 2006

Classe Omega... I have recently fell in love with those amps...
    -Joe

Comment

• JonMarsh
      Mad Max Moderator
      • Aug 2000

Ayre MX-R -

No loop feedback, chasis is milled from a single piece of aluminum, relatively compact considering 150 watts/ch @ 8 ohms, 300 watts/ch @ 4 ohms, very wideband and clean, power ful and delicate (well, I've only heard the prototype at the CES 2006 show, and everyone says the shipping one is even better). Relatively compact.

Definitely worth a listen.
      the AudioWorx
      Natalie P
      M8ta
      Modula Neo DCC
      Modula MT XE
      Modula Xtreme
      Isiris
      Wavecor Ardent

SMJ
      Minerva Monitor
      Calliope
      Ardent D

In Development...
      Isiris Mk II updates- in final test stage!
      Obi-Wan
      Saint-Saëns Symphonique/AKA SMJ-40
      Modula PWB
      Calliope CC Supreme
      Natalie P Ultra
      Natalie P Supreme
      Janus BP1 Sub

Resistance is not futile, it is Volts divided by Amperes...
      Just ask Mr. Ohm....

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

Of my dreams? Dunno about that, but I think a setup of these would be something that not many have.
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• Briz vegas
          Super Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Hang on a minute ................... :Z

;b>

:boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo: :boohoo:

:dudes: :redhead: :redhead: :clap: :dudes:

:greenstar: :greenstar: :greenstar: :greenstar: :greenstar:

:-y :-y :-y

:idea:

Well if it sounds as good as it is supposed to a Halcro MC20 - lots of power, very low distortion, D class efficiency ( :greenstar: :greenstar: :greenstar: :greenstar: :greenstar: ) and it is an Aussie product (I have UK, US & Japan so far)

We know that hifi companies can make great sounding product, but in this day and age it needs to be efficient also.
          Attached Files
          Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
          Siamese :evil: :twisted:

Comment

• Jeff
            • Dec 2004

My dream amp would be the Classe CAV-500. That's a 5 channel, 250 wcp amp. It may be discontinued and there are better amps out there. But for the home stereo buff, that would be my bliss. I dream about it regularly. The best part about it, it's a plausable reality.

Jeff

Comment

• spyboy
              • Jun 2005

My dream amp would be a Sunfire TGA 7400. 400 X 7, and it only weighs 40 pounds. For about $4,000 this thing can deliver as much as 800 watts on a limited time basis. It probably do much more than 400 X 7 if one used a dedicated 20 Amp outlet.

All the Best

PS Dr. Hsu uses the 200 watt version at the High End Show in Vegas.

Comment

• Burke Strickland
                • Sep 2001

My "dream amplifier" for stereo would be a pair of Bryston 7B-SST monoblock power amplifiers.

With low distortion, high signal to noise ratio, exceptional damping and slew rate and power output at 600 watts per channel into 8 ohms and 900 watts per channel into 4 ohms, these 50 pound beauties have all the clean power needed to effectively drive inefficient panel speakers with finesse and refinement -- as well as plenty of SLAM when needed. Hopefully, my dream will come true soon! (And will be fulfilled for a long time to come with Bryston's 20 year warranty.)

Burke

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• will1066
                  • Aug 2003

I would love a Halcrlevison.

Comment

• tyler
                    • Feb 2007

Well.....

McIntosh MC2KW.

Comment

• Alaric
                      Ultra Senior Member
                      • Jan 2006

Pair of Halcro dm88s or Mac MC-1201s.
                      Lee

Marantz PM7200-RIP
                      Marantz PM-KI Pearl
                      Schiit Modi 3
                      Marantz CD5005
                      Paradigm Studio 60 v.3

Comment

• Victor
                        • Apr 2002

I cast my vote for Ampzilla. Info is here http://www.ampzilla2000.com/index.html#Ampzilla

A truly balanced design with a truly sophisticated and definitely not a ‘me too’ circuitry.

My other current although a DIY favorite is ExtremA from here http://www.hardwareanalysis.com/cont...diy_amplifier/

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"