X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jayhawk75
    • Apr 2006

Packing Material

how quickly did you throw out your cartons and skids or do you have a bedroom or garage filled with cartons from equipment? I am running out of room.
  • kurtholz
    • Feb 2005

i throw everything out, if i don't need it in 10 minutes, bye bye, hahaha, but this is me, i do think resell and shipping is much better if you have all the junk that came with it. but who wants to store all that junk, not to mention it's attraction to bugs and critters( that's what we all say down here in Oklahoma)

:-)

good luck

Kurt

Comment

• Dave999
      • Mar 2007

If you think that you may be selling the items any time in the future, it may be helpful to keep them so that they can be shipped in the same cartoons.

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yup, I'm a packrat. I've got almost all of my original packing. One of my big reasons is my job requires me to move every 3-4 years, so my equipment moves most safely in the original packing. I might keep them anyway, though, in case I went to sell or warranty repair it.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• ShadowZA
          Super Senior Member
          • Jan 2006

Have a little room under the stairs into which all the boxes go. Give it a spray every couple of months to get rid of the bugs. Problem: Room is now filled to capacity. What now??

Comment

• Chris D
            Moderator Emeritus
            • Dec 2000

easy, bro... buy a bigger room/house.
            CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• Chris D
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Dec 2000

(sigh) another !@#% double post.
              CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• George Bellefontaine
                Moderator Emeritus
                • Jan 2001

I keep the original cartons for the duration of the warranty of whatever was inside, then they're flattened at put out for recycle pickup.
                My Homepage!

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

I kept mine taped completely shut in the attic. Now that we've moved to our (hopefully) last house I've recycled all the boxes and packing materials. I will keep boxes for new purchases until the warranty period expires.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• wkhanna
                    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
                    • Jan 2006

I try to keep all of mine, but the wife finds them and uses them to send 'Care Packages' to the grandchildren in Florida all the time!
                    After she has everything boxed up, she says, "you didn't need this box, did you?" Of course I always have to say 'No'.
                    _

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
                    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• dknightd
                      • Mar 2006

I keep boxes for things that would be difficult to repack should I move. For example, turntable box and packing material. Other things I keep the box as long as I can.
                      Oldest boxes, and boxes for things that don't matter much, or would be easy to repackage, go first.
                      I keep a supply of broken down boxes my wife and kids can use for whatever they want.

My basement is like my brain. If I want to store anything new I have to get rid of something old. Sometimes I can gain a little storage in both places by carefull repacking and reprocessing, but bassically they are both full. . .

Comment

• jayhawk75
                        • Apr 2006

one bedroom has a path through cartons, one bedroom has path through unused excess equipment, laundry room has a path through car engines, living room has path through uncrated new equipment, dining room has no path through packed slot cars and o scale railroad equipment, family room set up for engine shop, attic filled with childhood toys, thankfully i didnt buy anything with a 20 year warranty and dont have to worry about the wife factor. dont feel sorry i still have a bedroom to sleep in and can still get to the fridge and kitchen sink. i think it's time for a dumpster.

Comment

Working...
                        Searching...Please wait.
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                        There are no results that meet this criteria.
                        Search Result for "|||"