X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • greenhorn
    • Feb 2007

Equipment Boxes and Packing Materials

What the heck to do with them? Since upgrading I’m sitting with a lot (about 10 or so fairly large) original equipment boxes including the packing material and they are taking up significant space in the extra bedroom. Amp, PreAmp, Floor Standing Speakers… and the boxes and packing material from a 32” LCD TV , Receiver and DVD carousel that I added to another room.

I liked the fact bought some used equipment and liked the fact the seller had the original boxes, but I’m hard pressed to keep them because the significant space the take up. Thought about breaking them down, but without the packing material they wouldn’t be that effective to keep.

Don’t plan on moving anytime soon, or selling the equipment any time soon, but I’m having a hard time deciding to get rid of them. What the heck do you all do with your boxes?
  • John Holmes
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I feel your pain. We had a thread not to long ago about this. Most of us felt, it was worth it to keep them when space allowed. I live in an apt so, it's important to me to have mine for more than just resale purposes.

I think you may want to consider holding on to at least the electronic boxes. At least til the warranty period is over. You are probably safe with the speakers. Just my opinion.
    "I have come here, to chew bubblegum and kickass. And I'm all out of bubblegum!!!"

Comment

• RobP
      Ultra Senior Member
      • Nov 2004

I bag mine up and put them in the attic, I have quite the empty box collection up there... :lol:
      Robert P. 8)

AKA "Soundgravy"

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

Yes, I keep mine.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"