X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • commodore_hrp
    • May 2007

Mark Levinson 334 problems

Hi

My 334 is just back from repair because it would not power up. The local agent fitted a new VSMB board at great expense, but while the amp powers up it switches off after a period. The longest it has run is an hour, and the shortest is immediate shutdown. It is fine on standby - the blinking light mode.

Any experts out there who can advise me whether the problem is related to the new board, or maybe the relays?

Many thanks

Robert
    Commodore_HRP
    Denmark
    Last edited by commodore_hrp; 27 May 2007, 13:37 Sunday. Reason: Spelling error
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Hi Robert, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

I'm not a Levinson owner, but it sounds like the thermal protection circuitry is shutting you down. I'd call the agent back and tell him that his repair didn't fully correct the problem. Is the 334 still under warranty?

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• commodore_hrp
      • May 2007

Mark Levinson 334 problems

Hi Mark

Many thanks for the welcome and for your advice!

Thermal protection was my thought too, and so I will speak with the agent tomorrow about the problem. The 334 is not under warranty, I fear.

Kind regards

Robert

Comment

• David Meek
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

Originally posted by commodore_hrp
        The 334 is not under warranty, I fear.
        Ouch.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• Andrew M Ward
          • Apr 2005

Hi Mark

Thermal protection was my thought too, and so I will speak with the agent tomorrow about the problem. The 334 is not under warranty, I fear.

Kind regards

Robert
          I've got a few 300 series amps as well... they are not under warranty...
          Oh.. and it get's better too, Levinson no longer services them, a third part does.. :M

Comment

• whoaru99
            • Jul 2004

Originally posted by Andrew M Ward
            I've got a few 300 series amps as well... they are not under warranty...
            Oh.. and it get's better too, Levinson no longer services them, a third part does.. :M
            Huh? No longer services them?

Is that just this series of amps or does that include any of the Levinson products?

I inquired about a "factory" checkup/tuneup through Harman International on my No. 23 about a year or so ago and it was no problem then - except for the $1200 flat rate. I was told this amount included "what ever it takes" to ensure the unit meets or exceeds original specs (cosmetics notwithstanding). Rumor has it, it also includes some resistor and capacitor upgrades.

Since the amp still seems to be working properly, I did not send it in for the check up/tune up.
            There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• whoaru99
              • Jul 2004

Hi Mark

Kind regards

Robert
              I'd think the repair would carry some type of warranty, yes?
              There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"