X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Richieg
    • Apr 2007

Classe with Revel Studio's?

Hi,

does anyone here use Classe Delta or Omega with revel Studios or Salons?

Thanks
  • Cambs12
    • Jul 2006

hi Richieg,sorry to jump in on your thread,but i am interested in Revel studios to go with my Musical Fidelity Trivista,what are your impressions of this speaker?

Comment

• Richieg
      • Apr 2007

Hi,

I think the Revel Studio and Salon are some of the best. I'm sure others are just as good or better, but none I've been around. They are so detailed and clear. Some of the Thiels are very good, but I think the Revels are better in the bass area compared with Thiels. I know a guy who owned Revels for three years, then "traded" up to the Watt puppy 7. He swears the Revels blow them away. I have no experence with Wilson, so I can't really say much about them.

I have the Studio in gloss black/silver. I don't have all of my equipment yet. I have the Classe CP-500. and hoping to get the CAM-400 and CDP- 202. I always heard Revels with Levinson or Lexicon, which sounded good, but I don't really care for either of these brands. Their very good, but I like the looks of Classe.

I'm not sure if I helped you with your question. The Revels are outstanding speakers. I don't think they have many rivals in their price range or many beyond their price range. Just because somthing cost three times as much, doesn't mean it sounds any better.
      Last edited by Richieg; 30 April 2007, 05:31 Monday.

Comment

• tyler
        • Feb 2007

I own a pair of Revel studios and have used them with a lot of different amps w\great results. Currently they are being driven by McIntosh 1201's. This is not a combination that you see every day but nevertheless it is excellent. :T

The only advice I can give is to use a high current amp. The Revels high damping factor and low sensitivity need the power to sing. My current DIY project is to build a replacement to the Revel's. Who knows they may be for sale in the future...... :B

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"