Clear All
  • roy@junglepromo
    • Apr 2007

Amp Advise Please

Hello,

Looking for advise - I'm in market for an amp, Don't know whether to
    buy a 7 channel or 5 channel amp to mate with my Anthem AVM 20
    and Paradigm speakers (Studio 100 fronts). I need 7 channels for the 7.1
    but thought I could make use of my 2 channel Bedini 150/150 (I beleive MK II)
    with another 5 channel. The Bedini is 20+ years old. (In storage for 15yrs. of that)
    I'm looking for optimum HiFi on a mediocre budget.
    I do like to Crank all 7 channels! thought this set-up will deliver more power,
    than say just a PVA 7 amp. But will a new 5 channel amp with the old Bedini
    perform as clean as just the PVA 7? Or if I do go with the PVA 7 then
    maybe still make use of the Bedini thru bi-amp?

Do you think I can overhaul / upgrade the Bedini amp?
  • Victor
    • Apr 2002

Get RMB-1077 from Rotel or if you want a linear amp you might consider or AT1807 from ATI. Both will do the trick and on a reasonable budget, - $2k.

You Bedini is 20 years old and its power supply caps might need checking, although it might still be fine.

The savings of buying a 5-channel amp and keeping the Bedini are not worth it in my opinion, considering that you will be getting new units that will work for the next 10 years at the very least.

Victor

Comment

• draganm
      • Jul 2005

For tight budget check out Emotiva, they have 6 to 7 channel amps from $500. to $1500.
      Welcome to Emotiva Audio Corporation. Home Audio Systems, Speakers & Accessories and more. We use science to evoke the true emotion behind every note.

For me having a seperate amp for the mains is important because I'm really into 2-channel music but if your strictly HT then just get a good 7 channel and be done with it. If you want to spend more, the ATI's are nice because additional channels can be plugged into the expansion slots in back , very versatile.

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"