X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Zac
    • Jan 2007

DAC plus Headphone amp

I'm about to purchase a DAC to place between my Squeezebox and my receiver (Rotel 1067). This should improve the sound quality considerably.

I would also like to use the DAC (Lavry) as a headphone amp for all sources. On the 1067, this would generally be done by hooking a headphone amp up to the Tape Out and then selecting whatever source I wanted to via the receiver.

My question is, can I do both at the same time; use the DAC component for the input and the headphone amp for the output of the receiver. Or does tsomehow create a conflict or loop where the line into the DAC (from the Tape Out) then feeds the receiver again and again and again....

Wasnt sure if this is a generic DAC question or a Rotel specific quesiton.

Thanks, this is my first DAC (obviously?).
  • dknightd
    • Mar 2006

You don't say which Lavry, but I'm pretty sure none of them have analog inputs.
    So you can only use the headphone amp in the DAC with a digital source.
    Most receivers do not have a digital output.
    So the answer is no.

Comment

• Zac
      • Jan 2007

Thanks, wrong answer ! but that is what I suspected. You are right, the Lavry (DA10) doesnt have analogue inputs.

The 1067 has a digital out, I was hoping I could redirect that back in to the DAC.

Comment

• dknightd
        • Mar 2006

You might be able to send the receiver digital out back to the DAC.
        As long as your usual source, and your receiver, use different
        connections you should be OK (I think the lavry has spdif coax and optical,
        and probably aes, which you can switch between)

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"