X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • fatswillie123
    • Dec 2006

B & W 804's Musical fidelity versus NAD

Over the weekend I ordered a Musical fidelity A5 integrated amp from the dealer. The other choice presented was the NAD Master series M3 integrated amp. The NAD was $300.00 more, a little less wattage, but more features. It's built like a German tank. I decided to go with te A5, for one simple reason. The NAD volume level is an LED. The A5 uses a raised dot on the knob. I liked the look of the A5 better all around. Was I wrong???....was unable to demo each unit together.
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

I really don't think you can really go wrong with either at that general price point. Both companies put sound first and that's the important part.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• warnerwh
      • Jan 2006

Whenever you buy something your opinion is the only important opinion. Saying how one amp will sound over the other is difficult unless it's in your own system. Odds are good that there would be only very tiny differences between the two.

Like the guy above said you can't go wrong with either one. Both deliver good quality and value.

So what you did was right. Buying the one without the LED's is more important than the difference in performance between the two because you'll be living with it for a long time hopefully. Besides it was less money too so you got the amp you'd rather have for 300 less dollars :T

We all have opinions and many very different from other peoples. All that matters though is your own personal opinion. Everyone is right this way

Comment

• alebonau
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

theyre both very nice amps. the masterseries the best nad has ever put out. the A5 integrated have heard with some nice speakers and is a top amp. great detail, clarity very clean and pretty close to neutral. but an enjoyable soudn and B&Ws I've heard with mf soudn liek a nice match.

as warner posted the most important thing is that you are happy nothign else matters.
        "Technology is a drug. We can't get enough of it."

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"