X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Hdale85
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Bose (I know) TriPort OE Headphones.

Just wondering if any of you have listend to these? I heard them at a local store the other day on the little demo thing and thought they sounded really good. Goes way low, seemed to have a pretty good balance of bass mids and highs though.

Bose TriPort OE

I know that bose is generally not accepted but its usually because of the cube speakers so was wondering what people thought of the headphones?
    Last edited by Hdale85; 12 December 2006, 16:01 Tuesday.
  • Evil Twin
    Super Senior Member
    • Nov 2004

I own a pair. IF their speakers were anything like these, would be taken a lot more seriously in the audio world. Not inexpensive, but recommended. Comfortable, and a relaxed detailed sound without any overt emphasis at any part of the spectrum. Much more neutral than most headsets I've tried in the $100 category, so I guess you get what you pay for.

OTOH, there's Grado's and some other brands like Sennheiser worth looking into in the same price range.

~Jon
    DFAL
    Dark Force Acoustic Labs

A wholly owned subsidiary of Palpatine Heavy Industries

Comment

• sokoban
      • Apr 2006

I've heard the Triports as well, and think they are pretty good if you are going to own one pair of headphones, and don't want to use an amplifier. As Jon pointed out, there are a lot of other good choices at or near that price, but the Bose Triport headphones are decent.

Amazon.com has Sennheiser HD 580 headphones for $125 right now, but those really do need an amplifier to sound as good as they can. Also, the 580's are very open, so using them in a noisy environment isn't much fun. You'll hear everything going on in the room around you. Also, you may annoy people since they will be able to hear your headphones as well. These are great though for home listening since they are so comfortable and require a quiet room.

Grado SR 80 headphones are available under $100, and are very good. So are Etymotic ER-6 and ER-6I earbud style headphones.

Comment

• OC 335i
        • Dec 2006

I own the "In-Ear" Bose Triports, they are actually pretty good for an earbud type of headphone. I don't like the Triport cans but I actually like the Triports quite a bit. They really don't go in your ear that much and they do not provide any type of noise isolation. Boss actually does make good products now and then. What attracted me to the Triports was they are very comfortable and I could use them at work. The Shures simply blocked too much noise and I would feel funny wearing cans in an office.

FWIW, my other headphones are Alessandro MS1s, Shure E2, & Koss KSC-75.

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

The In-Ear's do they have a lot of deep bass like the OE's? I've looked at those as well but I have not heard any In-ears that I really liked because they didn't seem to have much mid range or low end bass. Thats what I really liked about the Triport OE's. I'm concidering getting 2 pairs one for me and one for my fiancee for christmas. I've had the Shure's before and they werent comfortable and didn't really go very low. Sounded great for the mid and upper range but didn't seem like I was receiving the full spectrum to me.

Comment

• OC 335i
            • Dec 2006

For the In-ears, they have a decent amount of base for that type of headphone. They certainly have more bass than the Shure E2Cs I have. You may notice a different sound from using the large and medium fittings also. What type of music do you both listen to?

Comment

• Hdale85
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Jan 2006

Well I was going to order a set of OE's for me and a set of In-Ears for her. She listens to all kinds of stuff country, pop, r&b just about anything honestly I'm about the same way.

Comment

• OC 335i
                • Dec 2006

I personally don't like the OEs that much, but if you're content with them, go for it. I bought mine from BestBuy with their 12% reward zone coupon (even though Bose is excluded, many of the employees will ring them up and punch in the reward manually IME). I prefer buying from Bestbuy because of the 30 day return policy.

Comment

• Hdale85
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Jan 2006

Well this would be directly from bose.

Comment

• James63
                    • Dec 2006

I have owned the tri ports and many other headphones and there are better headphones for the money. Sennheiser HD 555 are about the same price and are head and shoulders better than the tri ports. The tri ports mids seemed very sucked out to me.

Another good brand is Grado. They have good punchy bass, good mids, but are a little bright. They are a lot of fun though. I would look at Alessandro's version of Grados because they are less bright.

Sennheiser makes their high-end headphones in Germany with incredible attention to detail. Enjoy 365-day returns & free shipping on Headphones.com!

Comment

• OC 335i
                      • Dec 2006

I personally prefer the Alessandro MS1s over the Bose OEs as well. The OEs are a bit muddy and the MS1s detail is excellent in its price range. I haven't found anything I liked better that costs > $200 retail.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"