X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Jon SS
    • Oct 2002

Using Headphones with the C2

I just bought a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones (RS136 Canadian version of the RS130?).

When I plug it into the headphone socket in the front panel of my C2 I have to turn the volume to near maximum. The headphones have a under modulation light that keeps telling me to turn up the volume, it stops when the volume is near maximum (the headphone transmitter turns off when it has no or perceived low signal). Has anybody else had this type of volume / signal level issue when using headphones.

The manual indicates that the C2 has a good headphone amplifier and mentions 8 ohms (can't tell what ohms my headphone are).

Thanks
  • r100gs
    • May 2005

Originally posted by Jon SS
    I just bought a pair of Sennheiser wireless headphones (RS136 Canadian version of the RS130?).

When I plug it into the headphone socket in the front panel of my C2 I have to turn the volume to near maximum. The headphones have a under modulation light that keeps telling me to turn up the volume, it stops when the volume is near maximum (the headphone transmitter turns off when it has no or perceived low signal). Has anybody else had this type of volume / signal level issue when using headphones.

The manual indicates that the C2 has a good headphone amplifier and mentions 8 ohms (can't tell what ohms my headphone are).

Thanks

I'm not sure if the C2 operates like a P3. On the P3 the amp must be turned off. So you may have to disconnect the auto on to your amp.
    Jay

Comment

• Peter Nielsen
      Super Senior Member
      • Sep 2004

My gut react is: Shouldn't the wireless headphones be connected to the non-volume-controlled line output? AFAIK, the wireless unit should ALWAYS receive full dynamics (full signal strength) and the volume should be controlled on the receiving headset...

At least that's how my SONY MDR-DS5100 works. (It has RCA analog and Toslink digital input).

Peter

Comment

• Jon SS
        • Oct 2002

Thanks guys. I don't think I need to turm the amp off as it worked ok with a pair of wired headphones.

I think that you may be right about connecting directly to a fixed volume output, which is probably why I need to turn the volume up to max.

I tried it it with another pair of wirelss headphones that I have for the bedroom, I did not have to turn the volume up as much but this may be because the headphones are slightly different and there is nothing wrong with the ones I just bought.

I guess I wil connect them to the fixed output at the back but my C2 is in a cabinet so I may have to use extentions!

Thanks again.

Comment

• Chris D
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Dec 2000

Uh, yeah, I haven't had any problems the few times I've used headphones with the C1.

I would guess that it's the headphones with power issues on the wireless feature. Based on what you're saying in comparison to your wired headphones, that seems to confirm...
          CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
          - Pleasantville

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"