X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Briz vegas
    Super Senior Member
    • Mar 2005

Meridian G08 & G06 - any owners out there

I've just been reading some other sites where a couple of Meridian CD player owners have been reporting noisey transports on this player. Has anyone here had that experience? Apparently it only happens on a small perentage of discs but I am the sort of person that would be annoyed by that sort of quality control issue on what I consider to be a very expensive player.

To put this in perspective the problem apparently takes about 12 months to appear, will only occur on a small percentage of discs on the first few tracks. Not a big deal if you have spent $500, but we are talking $6500 in Australian dollars.

Got my info from here:

Anyone had this experience?
    Last edited by Briz vegas; 13 August 2006, 05:14 Sunday.
    Mac 8gb SSD Audirvana ->Weiss INT202 firewire interface ->Naim DAC & XPS2 DR->Conrad Johnson CT5 & LP70S-> Vivid B1s. Nordost Valhalla cables & resonance management. (Still waiting for Paul Hynes PS:M)
    Siamese :evil: :twisted:
  • ShadowZA
    Super Senior Member
    • Jan 2006

I, too, am interested in finding an answer to this. I don't own any Meridian gear yet, but am planning to upgrade my processor to a Meridian G61 (not definite yet, got my eye on some other processors as well) at the end of the year. Am also planning a cd player a year down the line and am looking at the G06 or G08. Would prefer to get the upsampling G08 and will try to budget for it. Still, if there are any issues ... knowing about them soonest could influence my plan.
    Last edited by ShadowZA; 13 August 2006, 12:20 Sunday.

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"