X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Gump
    • Sep 2005

Samsung Blu-ray

I was in the local Best Buy tonight and saw the Samsung Blu-ray playing it's demo Hi-def DVD. Picture was good. Very good. But it wasn't like the custodian had to mop up after me when I was done watching it. I'm still in "wait and see" mode on this one.
  • KeithM
    • Oct 2005

I don't think they've even cracked the potential on blu-ray and hd-dvd yet. Look at the improvements DVD has made over the years.

Comment

• David Meek
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

When you consider that Blu-Ray and HD-DVD both have the potential to rival - if not surpass - HDTV broadcasts in quality, I'm all for giving them both a while to settle in and work out the kinks. Like Keith said, look at the quality of the original DVDs vs the quality of current generation offerings. The difference is not subtle.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• ht_addict
        • Dec 2002

Originally posted by David Meek
        When you consider that Blu-Ray and HD-DVD both have the potential to rival - if not surpass - HDTV broadcasts in quality, I'm all for giving them both a while to settle in and work out the kinks. Like Keith said, look at the quality of the original DVDs vs the quality of current generation offerings. The difference is not subtle.
        Blu-Ray is a long way off. HD-DVD has already best HDTV broadcasts.

Comment

• peterS
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

Originally posted by ht_addict
          Blu-Ray is a long way off. HD-DVD has already best HDTV broadcasts.
          x two

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"