Arcam, Parasound or Sherwood Newcastle. Opinions.

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Rolyasm
    • Dec 2004

Arcam, Parasound or Sherwood Newcastle. Opinions.

I have narrowed it down to three preprocessors and will be purchasing this week. 90%HT. Undecided on amp yet. Speakers are M&K, either s-150 or s-250. 4 ohm speakers. http://www.mksound.com/satellite_speakers.php
    Models are Arcam Avp700, Sherwood Newcastle P-965 or Parasound 7100. I have heard the Arcam and Sherwood and liked them both. Year between listening sessions. Have not heard the Parasound. I am looking mainly for experience with these processors and the sound of each. I know the features and all are comparable. Thanks for any input.
    Roly
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Roly, I don't know about the Arcam. Comparing the Parasound and SN, though, I've talked to 2 people that preferred the sound of the Parasound, but for the price difference with the SN, decided that was fine for them instead and went with the SN.
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• brac
      • Aug 2005

I havent heard the 7100 but I bought the 965 and love it. Really a great airy wide open sound field.....
      Brac

Comment

• Alloroc
        Super Senior Member
        • Dec 2005

Hi,

Arcam rules the roost over here. The new AVP-700 is on demo at my local store and it's very nice. I'm considering one myself....

Incidentally, another device I'm considering is the Primare SP 31

Bit more expensive but has me most impressed.....

Have a look....

V.
        Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

• Ovation
          Super Senior Member
          • Sep 2004

I've experienced Arcam amps so while I'm not in a position to favour the pre/pro elements of the three brands listed, I can say I would buy Arcam amplification if I could afford it for my HT/music (and may well do so when I add outboard amps to my receiver).

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"