X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • DM3000 Owner
    • Jun 2006

Pre Amp for B&W N801's

I need a recommendation for an SS preamp. I have a pair of B&W N801’s and a pair of Bryston 7B-ST amps on the way. My source is an AH! Njoe Tjob (Upsampled with Amperex PQ White label Tubes), a Benchmark DAC1, or a Rotel tuner.

I am currently using a Juicy Music Peach tube preamp that is just outstanding. I really love this preamp but would like a phono stage and a remote control.

Can anyone recommend a good two channel preamp? Does anyone have any experience with Musical Fidelity and Bryston units? What else should I be looking at? I have not really thought about price range yet.

Thanks,

Chris
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Chris, if you really love your current preamp, why not just add a phono-stage and run it into an existing input on the pre? Admittedly that leaves you without a remote, but the large selection of very good phono-stages gives you lots of options sonically.

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• CombatWombat
      • Jul 2006

A long stick with little fingers could solve your remote problem...LOL

Comment

• chasw98
        Super Senior Member
        • Jan 2006

Actually, Creek Audio builds a passive remote volume/mute add on that is fairly reasonably priced.
        Check it out here http://www.creekaudio.co.uk/noflash_...?prolook=obh22 .

Chuck

Comment

• Alloroc
          Super Senior Member
          • Dec 2005

Hi,

A Classe CP-700 could be a nice match....

V.
          Vincent.

I don't want the world. I just want your half.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"