X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Dakthorn
    • May 2006

Cambridge 540Av2 or NAD C320BEE?

I just purchased a pair of Wharfedale Diamond 9.1's and would like to match it up with a nice integrated amp.

I live in the middle of nowhere and can't get to a place to hear these two amps, but I have read plenty of great reviews for both (I guess I should say I am making the assumption the 640Av2 is comparable to the 540Av2). Unfortunately, I am going to have to make a “deaf” purchase. So…

I would appreciate any thoughts, experiences, and suggestions in making a choice!

Thanks for your help!
  • Ovation
    Super Senior Member
    • Sep 2004

Each is a great piece of gear and I think you'd be happy with either one (I'm a bit partial to Cambridge Audio, but a former roommate had a NAD and it was a great amp). There's a shop in my area that carries both NAD and Cambridge as well as Wharfedale and they frequently package Wharfedale speakers with a Cambridge unit (FWIW).

Comment

• twitch54
      • Apr 2006

As of late Cambridge has improved quite a bit ( previously, 5-10 years ago nothing but crap, company had a half dozen employees putting on cambridge labels from whomever assemble their stuff !) NAD has been a respectable company in the mid-fi arena for quite some time. If your buying it mail order just be sure you have a return policy if it does not live up to YOUR expectations !!

Good Luck !
      Dave

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"