X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • june
    • Feb 2005

Equipment Test

Hello Everyone,

We all love our systems but can some please tell me a few CDs or DVDs that has a special moment / sound that can only be heard on their system. Many years ago a sales person told me only a Yamaha reciever can pick the sounds of bulbs exploding on the bus during the DVD "SPEED." The part when K. Reeves was running after the bus after it exploded. He lied!!! We all have our favorite DVDs or CDs, I just want to make sure I hear what you hear.
    June
    "IF YOU FAIL TO PLAN, YOU PLAN TO FAIL"
  • gd
    • Jan 2003

Originally posted by june
    a sales person told me only a Yamaha reciever can pick the sounds of bulbs exploding on the bus during the DVD "SPEED."
    What a load of crap.

By all means, ask the store manager to find you another sales person, or try another retailer.

If some system, with some speakers, in some room happens to emphasize some sound on some disc, it is coincidental.

A broad statement like that is irresponsible.
    greg (gd to you)
    Without music to decorate it, time is just a bunch of boring
    production deadlines or dates by which bills must be paid.

Frank Zappa

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"