X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • drewnkc
    • Jun 2003

FP on a bus!

Hi, all. My father in law is building the mother of all RVs using a passenger bus. He was looking at putting in a plasma wide screen directly behind the driver seat that would flip down from the ceiling. I talked him out of it, though, because plasma doesn't travel to well. So he is asking about a front projection system...

He is interested in something that will give him a picture about 50-60 inches diag. The projector would have to be durable and small enough to be ceiling mounted on a retractable mount. He is also looking for quality for the money. His bus is being designed by the same company that builds John Madden's tour bus. He is building it himself, well his company is, anyway.

Any suggestions? Any considerations that should be made?

You guys are the pros and I have had advice from all of your postings and appreciate your help,

Thanks,

Drew
  • Chris D
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Dec 2000

Only in America. That's cool, dude, but a bit of a poser. I'm not sure if you would want to go with front projection, as I'm assuming you want this thing to work while the bus is in motion. With a solid state display (all in one unit) you have a bit of vibration. But with projection, you have double the vibration to worry about--that of the projector and that of the screen. Since they may possibly or even likely not be vibrating together, your picture may be jumping (slightly, depending on the road conditions, speed, bus shocks, etc) around on the screen. This could be distracting.

If you do choose to go with fp, though, there are several models out there today that are quite small, some even fitting on the palm of one's hand, that could work for you.

CHRIS
    Luke: "Hey, I'm not such a bad pilot myself, you know"
    CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
    - Pleasantville

Comment

• drewnkc
      • Jun 2003

Thanks Chris.

He would only be using it when the bus is stationary. They will have three LCD screens that fold down from the ceiling, a cabinet and in the toilet. yes, it will be pretty sweet!

Would a portable DLP projector like the Infocus 130 be okay for something like this application?

Thanks again,

Drew

Comment

Working...
      😀
      😂
      🥰
      😘
      🤢
      😎
      😞
      😡
      👍
      👎
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"