X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • aarsoe
    • May 2004

CAN bus configuration help needed

Hi

I am running into some challenges with CAN bus connectivity and since I know a lot of are running in the same setup as mine I hope you could tell me how you solved it?

Setup & issue is using a preamp (CP-500/CP-700) and combining it with SSP-800.
    If I have CAN bus connected then using the remote to increase or decrease volume will do the same on both units - not very smart..
    Best thing would be to not being forced to turn the SSP on when I am only using the system for 2 channel audio, but cannot see a way to do so..
    Any ideas???

Thanks..
  • TomScrut
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Nov 2013

I agree that is a bit silly. I suppose the issue will stem from the remote sharing codes maybe rather than CAN? If you cover up the SSP IR sensor (or use the knob on the pre) does the volume still change?
    Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

• aarsoe
      • May 2004

If I only use the knop then there is no link - this is due to the IR codes being the same. However I think I recall there is a way to get around it. Just cannot recall what it is..
      Anybody else have a clue???

Comment

• TomScrut
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Nov 2013

Ah I see. I thought you thought the CAN was linking it, not the fact the IR codes are the same
        Music: Intel NUC -> Antelope Zodiac Platinum -> Classe CA-2300 -> B&W 802 Diamonds & 2x SVS SB13U

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"