X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nclay
    • Mar 2006

Quick home theater audio question.

I have a yamaha/JBL 5.1 system and right now it is connected to my dvd player using only r/l audio, just plain old composite cables, except ive upgraded the video cable to a component, now i do get somewhat of a surround sound when i watch movies using the dolby digital decoding. If i use an optical cable and switch the receiver to a multi-channel input will the sound dramatically improve? What about THX sound like the kind found on super bit movies, what is the best way to insure im getting the best sound possible from my dvd to my receiver.

thanks in advance guys!
  • locomk
    • Dec 2005

yes, if your using just the LR cables, your only getting dolby pro logic, which takes a stereo signal and applies a series of delays and echo's to give you a simulated surround sound. if you use a fiber optic cable, or a digital coaxial cable, than you'll get actual 5.1 surround sound. make sure that you have dolby digital and dts enabled in the settings of your dvd player, than get a optical cable and you'll be amazed at the sound difference.

Comment

• nclay
      • Mar 2006

I just did, i turned on dts on the dvd player, popped in underworld and was blown away... not only was the surround sound excellent but the sound qaulity itself seemed much sharper. Thanks for the reply!

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"