Bat & Ayre & Pass labs & threshold & Audio research & others...

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • jerusalem
    • Aug 2005

Bat & Ayre & Pass labs & threshold & Audio research & others...

Im looking finally a new amplifiers for my system, pre and power or integrated.Does anyone here have any first hand experience with manufacturers in title? do you have any other suggestions?

Im looking for a smooth nonfatiqueing sound, need power around 100w and My budjet is around 3000$.

Expecially if you own BAT gear, i would like to know some comparations with other manufacturers and your own opinions for a sound. (I'll propably go for VK 300 SE)

After this i will not have any more money, so help a fellow victim of Highend madness to choose right one, because i will have to live with this amplifier for a some years...

8) or :cry: it might now depend on you...
  • dyazdani
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Oct 2005

My dad has used mostly Bat components the last few years. He (currently) has a 50SE, P10, and a D5. He also has a Pass X250 amp. They all perform beautifully together. I haven't visited them since he got the Pass amp, but he says it's much better than the last (Levinson 333).

I have found the BAT components to be "smooth and non-fatiguing" as you desire. I have seen some issues with pairing them with laid back speakers, sound a little dull from time to time.

He contemplated getting the 300SE as well, I'm interested to hear your opinion if you end up getting it.

BTW: What speakers do you have?
    Danish

Comment

• NMyTree
      • May 2004

I don't have any BAT amps, but I have the BAT VK-3i Pre Amp. It's a sweet, smooth, musical Pre Amp.

If I may make a suggestion, you may want to try the Butler TDB 2250 (two channel) or TDB 5150 (five channel) hybrid amps. They are wonderful amps. Sweeeeeeet!

The Ayre amps are fantastic, also! Excellent

But either way, you can't go wrong with any of those amps.
      Tony

Comment

• jerusalem
        • Aug 2005

Originally posted by dyazdani

BTW: What speakers do you have?
        Right now i have magnat all ribbon 12, here's thread http://www.htguide.com/forum/showthr...ghlight=magnat they are right now rebuilded but i think im going to sell them anyway.

After this, hmmm propably i go for diy.I can afford at least Acapella SE from troels , this is from one builder:

"Now with a couple of new “high-end” design (Ekta and Sahara), do you still consider the Acapellas the best speaker you’ve built? They are definitely the best I’ve heard (including recently $A17K Dynaudio C2 Confidence with $20K Chord CD player (Blue + DAC64) + $A40K of Chord pre/power amp - very, very detailed but a bit lean, even bright and harsh at times for me. Surprisingly disappointing for a $A77K system.)"

A bit too enthusiastic?? well i know that troels knows he's stuff, here's the link anyway http://www.troelsgravesen.dk/Diy_Lou...r_Projects.htm

Comment

• NMyTree
          • May 2004

I'll tell ya', I wish I could find a DIYer who would build me a pair of the SP38/13.

I would love a pair of those!
          Tony

Comment

• Bob
            • Jul 2000

This:

Plus This:

Would be very good.

Comment

• DifferentLee
              • Apr 2005

I'm a long time customer of Audio Research as you can tell from my avatar. I have never had one of their pieces fail. In fact, I once sent a preamp in for some modifications and they did extra work for free. ARC is one of the oldest and best high end equipment makers.

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"