X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • wkhanna
    Grumpy Old Super Moderator Emeritus
    • Jan 2006

Ibrahim Maalouf - WIND

Currently audiioning a new acquisition....

Ibrahim Maalouf - WIND

Ripped to FLAC from redbook

Having mastered a four-valve trumpet created by his father, Ibrahim is able to produce quarter tones thus bridging the gap between Western & Arabic (makams) scales.

The packaging alone is wonderful; reminding us curmudgeons of the heyday times when vinyl came as cherished things that were tactile & visually inspiring. It includes a hinged hard-box, dual folding jewel envelope & a V nice 20 pg booklet.

Sound quality is of an unusual & pleasantly surprising high grade for a 'modern' recording, IMHO.

Currently on track eight of 12 with some untimely interruptions from the The Wife, still I am quite entranced & will re-play later this eve with full consideration & concentration.

Link to an NPR article: http://www.npr.org/2013/03/31/175598...ual-instrument

foobar2000 1.1.6 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
    log date: 2013-04-08 19:59:57
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Analyzed: Ibrahim Maalouf / Wind
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    DR Peak RMS Duration Track
    DR10 -0.20 dB -12.94 dB 3:31 01-Doubts
    DR9 -0.20 dB -11.75 dB 7:10 02-Suspicions
    DR12 -0.20 dB -14.96 dB 4:51 03-Waiting
    DR8 -0.15 dB -11.61 dB 4:38 04-Questions & Answers
    DR13 -5.04 dB -22.09 dB 0:55 05-Waiting 2
    DR9 -0.20 dB -12.84 dB 6:45 06-Excitement
    DR10 -0.20 dB -13.44 dB 6:09 07-Certainty
    DR11 -0.12 dB -13.91 dB 7:42 08-Sensuality
    DR9 -0.16 dB -11.94 dB 6:03 09-Issues
    DR12 -0.24 dB -15.29 dB 6:28 10-Surprises
    DR10 -0.24 dB -13.50 dB 4:55 11-Doubts 2
    DR11 -0.28 dB -16.86 dB 3:25 12-Mystery
    Number of tracks: 12
    Official DR value: DR10
    Samplerate: 44100 Hz
    Channels: 2
    Bits per sample: 16
    Bitrate: 651 kbps
    Codec: FLAC
    ================================================== ==============================

_

Bill

Practicing Curmudgeon & Audio Snob
    ....just an "ON" switch, Please!

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
      • Jan 2006

after multiple spins all I can say is.......

"V Highly Recommended"
      _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Chris D
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Dec 2000

"Facing Future". This is the most famous Hawaiian album by the most famous Hawaiian performer. Big dude. Bought it after returning from a Hawaiian vacation. I also just bought a ukulele while I'm there, and am getting into learning the instrument, using lots of input from teachers and good players. Certainly the most well known song on this album, and possibly all of ukulele music today, is "Somewhere Over the Rainbow/What a Wonderful World", which has been used in several TV shows and movies. Overall, it's a good album, with some nice Hawaiian music, but it's not as good as I was lead to believe. Certainly not epic. Wish I would have just bought the single song and maybe a few others as soft Hawaiian music fillers, but that's what you get sometimes with blind purchases.
        CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
        - Pleasantville

Comment

• Burke Strickland
          • Sep 2001

Patricia Barber: Smash

Original compositions played in a compelling jazz style by Patricia and musical collaborators, guitarist John Kregor, Larry Kohut on bass playing and Jon Deitemyer working the drum kit in a well recorded session bound to be listened to often. I am both amused and moved by lyrics like "...counting back, 'tea for two' minus one begets me though alone ... I prefer a stiff drink to the tea...".

I had the privilege of hearing her play selections from her then-new album "The Cole Porter Mix" at the Montreal Jazz Festival in 2009. It's a shame she won't be back this year to play selections from "Smash".

What you DON'T say may be held against you...

Comment

• Ovation
            Super Senior Member
            • Sep 2004

I was at that Montreal show. Great show.

Comment

• JeremyG
              • Sep 2008

Palms

Debut record from members of Isis, with the singer from Deftones. Very cool melodic, atmospheric. Sounds like what The Cure would sound like if they were crossed with the Deftones. Very good recording as well.

Also, Tesseract's new one Altered State.

Great recording. Very dynamic. Extremely technical musicianship. Whilst listening i have found myself counting out the beat just to try and see if i was right. Almost progressive, but I can't really label it. If you like progressive metal, and want to have your mind blown in a non-typical way, check it out.

Comment

• Ovation
                Super Senior Member
                • Sep 2004

Dimensionaut by Sound of Contact. Anyone who was/is a fan of prog rock, particularly from the 70s, should check this out. Mixture of influences from Pink Floyd, Yes, Genesis, early Police, early Peter Gabriel solo work (not in a derivative fashion--just indications they are familiar with the material). Currently in heavy rotation at home and in my car.

Comment

• wettou
                  Ultra Senior Member
                  • May 2006

Originally posted by Burke Strickland
                  That's exactly how I feel about the latest CD I've been spinning repeatedly: Holly Cole's "Night".

An insightful reviewer at Amazon (I'll try not to break my arm patting myself on the back) noted the following:

"A triumph of subtle phrasing and vocal coloration that sneaks up on you rather than beating you over the head with bravura effect. Her selection of songs for this album is eclectic, yet upon listening, makes perfect sense. The set is cohesive, yet with enough variety song-to-song to avoid any trace of monotony. Sly and sophisticated vocal delivery with effective instrumental backup superbly recorded make for a truly enjoyable listening experience.

I've been a fan of Holly Cole since the 1990's and have over a dozen of her albums. Her style has always been appealing to me, and even her infrequent "misses" have a certain charm. However, there are no "misses" in this album; each song is just "right", even if (or perhaps especially because) the interpretation is unlike the artist's who introduced the song or made it popular. I especially liked the way she transformed "You Only Live Twice" into a languorous reflection rather than the slick pop introduction to a spy adventure. "Good Time Charlie's Got The Blues" provides profound insights delivered with soulful reflection, and she makes "If You Go Away" sound like new material (although of course we'll continue to enjoy Dusty Springfield's classic and timeless rendition), while "If You Could Read My Mind" no longer belongs exclusively to her fellow Canadian, Gordon Lightfoot.

Holly's style has matured over the years, adding depth and resonance to what was already remarkably insightful and individual interpretation. It would be interesting to hear her re-visit some of her early material, yet I'm glad she continues to give us her take on interesting songs she has not sung for us before. It is easy to listen right through these songs and want to repeat the whole sequence again. (I've done that several times already.) I'm looking forward to hearing her perform this set at a live performance later this year."
                  Great recommendation is is an other one I like a few of her songs.

Devil Doll

Listen to her albums on iTunes I bought only a few of her tracks when she doesn't yell!
                  Farming looks mighty easy when your plow is a pencil, and you're a thousand miles from the corn field."Dwight D. Eisenhower

Comment

• bigburner
                    Super Senior Member
                    • May 2005

I've been looking for a special CD to give an old friend for his 60th birthday and I finally decided on this one:

Louis Armstrong Plays W.C. Handy (1954) [Remastered 1997]

I received it this morning and played it before dinner this evening. I think I've chosen well.

Nigel.
                    Attached Files

Comment

• madmac
                      Moderator Emeritus
                      • Aug 2010

Originally posted by wettou
                      Great recommendation is is an other one I like a few of her songs.

Devil Doll

Listen to her albums on iTunes I bought only a few of her tracks when she doesn't yell!
                      Holly Cole lost me very shortly after "Girl Talk"....which I really liked. She began to quickly steer away from that simple jazz format and started to sound more and more 'main stream' to me. I can't vouch for this album because I have not heard it yet. I don't have my hopes up however.......
                      Dan Madden :T

Comment

• Chris D
                        Moderator Emeritus
                        • Dec 2000

Originally posted by wkhanna
                        Currently audiioning a new acquisition....

Ibrahim Maalouf - WIND

Ripped to FLAC from redbook

Having mastered a four-valve trumpet created by his father, Ibrahim is able to produce quarter tones thus bridging the gap between Western & Arabic (makams) scales.

The packaging alone is wonderful; reminding us curmudgeons of the heyday times when vinyl came as cherished things that were tactile & visually inspiring. It includes a hinged hard-box, dual folding jewel envelope & a V nice 20 pg booklet.

Sound quality is of an unusual & pleasantly surprising high grade for a 'modern' recording, IMHO.

Currently on track eight of 12 with some untimely interruptions from the The Wife, still I am quite entranced & will re-play later this eve with full consideration & concentration.

Link to an NPR article: http://www.npr.org/2013/03/31/175598...ual-instrument

foobar2000 1.1.6 / Dynamic Range Meter 1.1.1
                        log date: 2013-04-08 19:59:57
                        Analyzed: Ibrahim Maalouf / Wind
                        DR Peak RMS Duration Track
                        DR10 -0.20 dB -12.94 dB 3:31 01-Doubts
                        DR9 -0.20 dB -11.75 dB 7:10 02-Suspicions
                        DR12 -0.20 dB -14.96 dB 4:51 03-Waiting
                        DR8 -0.15 dB -11.61 dB 4:38 04-Questions & Answers
                        DR13 -5.04 dB -22.09 dB 0:55 05-Waiting 2
                        DR9 -0.20 dB -12.84 dB 6:45 06-Excitement
                        DR10 -0.20 dB -13.44 dB 6:09 07-Certainty
                        DR11 -0.12 dB -13.91 dB 7:42 08-Sensuality
                        DR9 -0.16 dB -11.94 dB 6:03 09-Issues
                        DR12 -0.24 dB -15.29 dB 6:28 10-Surprises
                        DR10 -0.24 dB -13.50 dB 4:55 11-Doubts 2
                        DR11 -0.28 dB -16.86 dB 3:25 12-Mystery
                        Number of tracks: 12
                        Official DR value: DR10
                        Samplerate: 44100 Hz
                        Channels: 2
                        Bits per sample: 16
                        Bitrate: 651 kbps
                        Codec: FLAC
                        ================================================== ==============================

Bill, I guess I missed this one when you first posted. The site jumped to this post when I pulled up this thread. I'm a trumpet player, and you've got me interested.
                        CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• bigburner
                          Super Senior Member
                          • May 2005

Originally posted by Chris D
                          I'm a trumpet player, and you've got me interested.
                          In that case Chris you might enjoy Louis Armstrong Plays W.C. Handy.

Nigel.

Comment

• wkhanna
                            • Jan 2006

Excellent recommendation, Nigel!

Concerning the Ibrahim Maalouf, it is similar in style to Miles' early Bop - KOB & Dizzy G. from the same period, but with Ibrahim's own personal style which obviously includes middle Eastern influence, but in a V subtle way. It is almost a stretch to say this is a fusion album as it still retains a V traditional essence.

In other words, it is not so different as to seem uncomfortable to most.

I highly recommend this work.
                            _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• jim1961
                              • Nov 2012

For those into progressive rock, over the course of the last several months, these get played regularly:

1) Thieves' Kitchen - One for Sorrow... Two for Joy...
                              2) Conqueror - Storie Fuori Dal Tempo
                              3) Magenta - Seven (remastered 2 CD version)
                              4) Transatlantic - SMPTe
                              5) Half Past Four - Good Things
                              6) Glass Hammer - The Inconsolable Secret

The first four I consider audiophile recordings which I would put up there with any recording ive ever heard. Wonderfully mixed and mastered. The later two are not bad though.
                              Last edited by jim1961; 14 September 2013, 16:06 Saturday.
                              Seek out and destroy early high gain room reflections

Comment

• wkhanna
                                • Jan 2006

Kenny with Gil…….oh man, how could this be anything but soooo good!

96k rip from vinyl.....am I in the wrong forum????
                                _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                  Super Senior Member
                                  • May 2007

96k rip from vinyl.....am I in the wrong forum????
                                  I think you are walking a fine line there Bill :W But it's cool

Been listening to Fiona Apple, "When the Pawn" and this whole album is amazing, and has quickly become one of my all time favorite CD's. It's also one of the finest quality recordings in my library. This is my first introduction to Fiona so will be investigating her other stuff.
                                  Attached Files
                                  John unk:

"Why can't we all just, get along?" ~ Jack Nicholson (Mars Attacks)

My Website (hyperacusis, tinnitus, my story)

Comment

• bigburner
                                    Super Senior Member
                                    • May 2005

Originally posted by Johnloudb
                                    Been listening to Fiona Apple, "When the Pawn" and this whole album is amazing, and has quickly become one of my all time favorite CD's. It's also one of the finest quality recordings in my library. This is my first introduction to Fiona so will be investigating her other stuff.
                                    Hi John,

You might like to listen to some sample tracks on "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do" (2012) before you buy it. That was my first Fiona Apple CD and I haven't bought another one since. I found some of the songs on "The Idler Wheel" a bit cacophonous, others a bit depressing and on others the vocals were slightly reminiscent of Yoko Ono, although no-one's singing is quite as bad as Yoko's! However, now that I've studied her discography it appears that her first 3 albums (she has only released 4) were quite different to "The Idler Wheel".

Nigel.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                      Super Senior Member
                                      • May 2007

Originally posted by bigburner
                                      Hi John,

You might like to listen to some sample tracks on "The Idler Wheel Is Wiser Than the Driver of the Screw and Whipping Cords Will Serve You More Than Ropes Will Ever Do" (2012) before you buy it. That was my first Fiona Apple CD and I haven't bought another one since. I found some of the songs on "The Idler Wheel" a bit cacophonous, others a bit depressing and on others the vocals were slightly reminiscent of Yoko Ono, although no-one's singing is quite as bad as Yoko's! However, now that I've studied her discography it appears that her first 3 albums (she has only released 4) were quite different to "The Idler Wheel".

Nigel.
                                      Thanks for the tip Nigel. I'll be carefull of the "Idler Wheel." I have been listening to her on Pandora radio off and on and some of her stuff I wasn't impressed with. It was her music on "When The Pawn" that got me to buy it. Her singing is exceptional on the whole thing.
                                      John unk:

Comment

• wkhanna
                                        • Jan 2006

I typically do not listen to, as The Wife oft with frustration puts it, ‘music with words’. There are some obvious – to me- exceptions such as Mel Torme, Melody Gardot & some opera, but for the most part, it is a steady diet of instrumental listening for me.

But here is my odd exception.

I find Clarence Greenwood to be an inspiring poet, able to put into words the life-breathe of today’s society. He has his finger on the pulse of the 21st century’s urban social scene not unlike Dylan or Morrison did in their era years ago.

It has a fresh, stripped-down sound while still invoking sophisticated composition. Be aware the production is fairly heavy with the commensurate compression that so adulterates todays products, but not to the point of taking away too much of the essence of either the music or the message. I recommend play level at above 80 dB & filed under the heading of, ‘and now, for something completely different’.
                                        Last edited by wkhanna; 15 September 2013, 16:57 Sunday.
                                        _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• wkhanna
                                          • Jan 2006

Back in the early 70's I spent far too much time consuming a steady diet of illicit drugs, under-age consumption of alcohol & mass quantities of The Allman Bros & Marshal Tucker......

today, just a few sips of :

Last edited by wkhanna; 15 September 2013, 16:55 Sunday.
                                          _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• PewterTA
                                            • Nov 2004

Rocking out the SHM-CD of Dream Theater - Six Degrees of Inner Turbulence
                                            Digital Audio makes me Happy.
                                            -Dan

Comment

• Chris D
                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                              • Dec 2000

Interesting, Bill. I was rocking this tonight while watching some football. From the same region as yours.

CHRIS

- Pleasantville

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Chris D
                                                Interesting, Bill. I was rocking this tonight while watching some football. From the same region as yours.

That is The Wife's favorite beer in the world!

Well chosen, Chris!
                                                _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                  • Nov 2004

It's cold out.... got to watch hockey and football with some beer at this time of the year!

-Dan

Comment

• bigburner
                                                    Super Senior Member
                                                    • May 2005

1 +1 = 3
                                                    Attached Files

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                      • May 2007

Just listened to this, "The White Stripes - Icky Thump" featuring Jack White and his sister ... have had it for some time. There are about five songs I really like and the rest don't do much for me. My favorites are "300 M.P.H. Torrential Outpour Blues," "Little Cream Soda," and "A Martyr For My Love For You." Just those songs are worth the price of the CD for me.
                                                      Attached Files
                                                      John unk:

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                        • Nov 2004

Not a CD, but listening to the LP of this...which is recorded much better than the CD... Love Amy's voice for how unique it is and the fact that there is little to no processing done. One of the few albums that I can sit and listen to over and over all the way through and enjoy each and every song.

-Dan

Comment

• madmac
                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                          • Aug 2010

Originally posted by PewterTA
                                                          Not a CD, but listening to the LP of this...which is recorded much better than the CD... Love Amy's voice for how unique it is and the fact that there is little to no processing done. One of the few albums that I can sit and listen to over and over all the way through and enjoy each and every song.

But......I'm a little confused???.......you say at the bottom that only digital audio makes you happy??!!.

Comment

• Johnloudb
                                                            Super Senior Member
                                                            • May 2007

I do really like that CD, and do notice the compression and other processing. So, thanks for the info, I'll be sure to get the LP.
                                                            John unk:

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                              Moderator Emeritus
                                                              • Jan 2006

I've been playing this like crazy as it's something Diana and I both enjoy, I have to say she's incredibly talented for 16 (when the album was released, 17 now) and way ahead of most artists her age as far as maturity and putting out music that's actually good and not what the mainstream is popping out.

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                • Nov 2004

Originally posted by madmac
                                                                But......I'm a little confused???.......you say at the bottom that only digital audio makes you happy??!!.
                                                                1) I didn't say "only."
                                                                2) It's a Vinyl Rip in 24/96KHz FLAC....so technically it is digital audio. :P

I actually have more vinyl rips in hi-res flac than I own CDs now.... and my CD collection was a decent size, I think 500 or more. For me, most (not all) vinyl is mastered much better and more to my liking than what they put on CD anymore.

I have Lorde's Pure Heroine on Vinyl and compared to the CD, the compression is very much gone and the dynamic range is MUCH better. I get more along the lines of 11 or 12 on most tracks from the vinyl rip, where the CD never gets above 6. You can very easily tell the difference, everything is more neutral and more "life-like."

Starting to become the norm for me. I'll take a couple clicks and pops for much better quality.
                                                                -Dan

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                  • Jan 2006

I don't entirely doubt that. It sounds relatively good on CD but I could definitely believe there is more to gain.

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                    • Jan 2006

I'll take a couple clicks and pops for much better quality.

Just to clarify, a few pops or clicks are not too uncommon on even some of my best used vinyl purchases, but on new & re-issue material from the better pressing houses, it is highly unlikely one will find such distractions. Keeping them that way requires just a bit of care.

The beauty of digitizing your vinyl means you can take advantage of the typically better mastering that is common on newer releases, along with being able re-play your music without wear & tear on the original vinyl.
                                                                    _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                      • May 2005

Originally posted by Hdale85
                                                                      I have to say she's incredibly talented for 16 (when the album was released, 17 now) and way ahead of most artists her age
                                                                      Just your average Kiwi girl.

Nigel.

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                        • Jan 2006

Yes, you Kiwis have it ‘going on’, that is a fact!

And by the way, Happy B-Day, Nigel!!!!!!!

:dancenana::dancenana:arty::dancenana::dancenana:
                                                                        _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                          Super Senior Member
                                                                          • May 2005
                                                                          • 2649

And by the way, Happy B-Day, Nigel!!!!!!!

:dancenana::dancenana:arty::dancenana::dancenana:
                                                                          Thanks Bill. Much appreciated.

I had a lovely restaurant lunch with my family on my birthday (yesterday) and last Saturday night I had my friends (45 of them) over to my house for a party. We danced and really gave my hi-fi a good solid workout. It performed very well. It's the first time I've switched on the 230v cooling fan (behind my amp) for a while. It's also the first time I've played with the positioning of my B&W 803D floorstanders for about 2 years and as a consequence I have them toed inwards a bit more now. I'm surprised I haven't done this before. I also put the subwoofer gain up a notch. The 803Ds deliver reasonable bass so I had assumed that's all I needed. I guess I just got used to the way the system sounded. It needed the prospect of 45 people arriving to get some action!

Anyway I'm feeling great and starting to believe what people are telling me that life begins at 60.

Nigel.

Comment

• wkhanna
                                                                            • Jan 2006
                                                                            • 5673

Atta boy!
                                                                            Blow out those cobwebs & party till dawn!
                                                                            That'll get your motor running again!
                                                                            Of course, if you are anything like me, you will need four days rest & recuperation afterwards!
                                                                            _

Bill

FinleyAudio

Comment

• PewterTA
                                                                              Moderator
                                                                              • Nov 2004
                                                                              • 2901

Happy Belated Birthday Nigel!!!

Sounds like you had a great time!!!!

I think it's hilarious when you have something like that where there's people over and you find out/realize that making some change to your system makes a difference... mean while it's been the way it was for forever. I can't tell you how many times we've done that with each other's at a get together. Always a pleasant surprise!
                                                                              -Dan

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                Super Senior Member
                                                                                • May 2005
                                                                                • 2649

Happy Belated Birthday Nigel!!!

Sounds like you had a great time!!!!

I think it's hilarious when you have something like that where there's people over and you find out/realize that making some change to your system makes a difference... mean while it's been the way it was for forever. I can't tell you how many times we've done that with each other's at a get together. Always a pleasant surprise!
                                                                                Thanks Dan.

Earlier this evening I listened to the Lorde "Pure Heroine" CD that Hdale85 mentioned above. It's quite a bass heavy album. Every track has a prominent <80Hz kick drum sound that's probably electronically generated. It made me think that I had overdone the 803D / subwoofer tweaks that I described above. Then I put on an old favourite that I hadn't played for years - "Those Southern Knights" by The Crusaders and the system sounded fine, even slightly lean. It's just a reminder that the way albums are mixed and mastered makes such a big difference to the sound of our treasured hi-fi systems.

And by the way, "Those Southern Knights" is a fantastic album.

Nigel.
                                                                                Attached Files

Comment

• madmac
                                                                                  Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                  • Aug 2010
                                                                                  • 3122

Originally posted by bigburner
                                                                                  Thanks Dan.

Earlier this evening I listened to the Lorde "Pure Heroine" CD that Hdale85 mentioned above. It's quite a bass heavy album. Every track has a prominent <80Hz kick drum sound that's probably electronically generated. It made me think that I had overdone the 803D / subwoofer tweaks that I described above. Then I put on an old favourite that I hadn't played for years - "Those Southern Knights" by The Crusaders and the system sounded fine, even slightly lean. It's just a reminder that the way albums are mixed and mastered makes such a big difference to the sound of our treasured hi-fi systems.

And by the way, "Those Southern Knights" is a fantastic album.

Nigel.
                                                                                  Oh yes!!! I would not re-adjust or tweak any system based on modern pop music. It's designed to sound good on cheap equipment and MP3 sources and not good sound systems. I would stick to adjusting based on good quality Jazz or adult contemporary stuff.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                    Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                    • Jan 2006
                                                                                    • 16075

Well I never claimed that it was amazingly mastered, I said for a 16 year old artist she is incredibly talented and brushing against the grain of what we have come to expect from the pop genre.

Comment

• bigburner
                                                                                      Super Senior Member
                                                                                      • May 2005
                                                                                      • 2649

Well I never claimed that it was amazingly mastered, I said for a 16 year old artist she is incredibly talented and brushing against the grain of what we have come to expect from the pop genre.
                                                                                      I wasn't criticising the Lorde album, just comparing and contrasting it with another recording. I quite enjoyed it.

Nigel.

Comment

• madmac
                                                                                        Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                        • Aug 2010
                                                                                        • 3122

I agree totally!!. I heard her song "Royals" on the radio awhile ago......liked it........sound hounded it to find out who it was, and now it's on my MP3. She has a very distinctive style and I like the harmonies and what she does vocally.

Comment

• Hdale85
                                                                                          Moderator Emeritus
                                                                                          • Jan 2006
                                                                                          • 16075

Yeah Royals isn't even my favorite track on that album haha, not that I don't like Royals, but there are a lot of great tracks on it.

Comment

• funky
                                                                                            Junior Member
                                                                                            • Jan 2014
                                                                                            • 2

Pet Sounds by the Beach Boys, classic songs, well recorded.

Comment

Working...
                                                                                            😀
                                                                                            😂
                                                                                            🥰
                                                                                            😘
                                                                                            🤢
                                                                                            😎
                                                                                            😞
                                                                                            😡
                                                                                            👍
                                                                                            👎
                                                                                            Searching...Please wait.
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                                                                                            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                                                                                            There are no results that meet this criteria.
                                                                                            Search Result for "|||"