X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • nutcracker
    • Jun 2005

Opinions for following internet deals...THANKS

Hi folks,
    I'm in a process of upgrading my system, and I'm thinking either to upgrade my existing cd-player with a dac (such as the Musical Fidelity), or to replace it with a new fine sacd player (in case no need for dac). I have found the following deals on internet dealers.
    Musical Fidelity small-X series -combo of 3 (X-DAC v3, X-10 v3, X-PSU v3) for $1200 (original $1800)
    Sony SCD-XA9000ES for $1799 (original $3000)

These look like very good deals to me. As for sacd player, I have initially considered the Music Hall Maverick ($1500) or possibly the Underwood modified model ($1999). But since then I've found that the Sony xa9000es price dropped significantly to $1800 or so on internet. why so cheap? is it in a process of being replaced? I appreciate and welcome any opinion or comment. THANKS
  • Adz
    • Jan 2004

Grab the Sony and get it modded by this guy. He specifically works on the 9000es to achieve its greater potential. Click on Component Mods in the upper left corner and then click on Sony 9000es.
    Manufacturer of high-end audio components, specializing in Computer Audio and providing personalized service. Direct sales from USA.
    Adz

Comment

• Snap
      Super Senior Member
      • Feb 2005

Nutcracker,
      The only thing that I would warn you about is make sure that you are getting your stuff from an Authorized ETailer! If you do not you will not have the warrenty. Plus some people out there are selling B-Stock and saying it is brand new.
      The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

• Shane Martin
        Super Senior Member
        • Apr 2001

The only thing that I would warn you about is make sure that you are getting your stuff from an Authorized ETailer! If you do not you will not have the warrenty
        Of course it won't matter if he is going to mod it anyway.

Comment

• Snap
          Super Senior Member
          • Feb 2005

true, :agree: missed that part Shane even better point!
          The Bitterness of poor quality last longer than the joy of low prices.

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"