X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • csuzor
    • Nov 2004

Audio in the Great Outdoors

With the summer coming for most of us (for those downunder it's sunny all year!), it's time to think about playing the music outside.

I setup 2 good speakers outside close to a wall, in a courtyard with concrete tiles, and I was surprised how good the system sounds. I have no special audio reflectors or absobers inside, so I imagine there is a lot of reflected sound. Outside, no reflections from anywhere (except the wall behind the speakers), and what I hear is a clear soundstage, instruments can be located more easily... it all sounds more natural, less like a music hall or studio. Turning up the volume does not create fatigue.

What are your impressions when listening to music outdoors?

Christophe
  • David Meek
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

When I'm outside I like to hear the outdoors, so unless I'm at an outdoor concert or puttering around the yard (in headphones), I don't listen to music. Guess I'm a contrarian. . . .

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• aphexist
      • Jan 2004

I am planning on doing something similar. My courtyard has become a popular place for my friends and I to hang out, drink, and smoke. Sometimes it is nice to have the quiet of the night so you can hear the wind blow and the stars whisper, but other times you want some background music.

I am having a crawfish boil next weekend, and rather than crank up the system inside so I can hear it outside, I am going to pick up some of those speakers that look like rocks and hook them up to "Zone 2." Party.

love,

Trey

Comment

Working...
      Searching...Please wait.
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
      There are no results that meet this criteria.
      Search Result for "|||"