The ears, music/ audio... how it sounds, and the Psychology of sound !

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • madmac
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2010

The ears, music/ audio... how it sounds, and the Psychology of sound !

:E Has anybody who is into audio noticed how good music sounds in the morning vs. the evening?. I used to be a big music listener in the evening until I realized how the ears and mind work in regards to how we hear sound. face it, we live in a noisy world and the ears get tired just like our bodies do.

The clarity and detail I hear in my music in the morning vs. what I hear after a long day is quite noticeable :E !! (Night and day actually!!). Stress also plays a huge role in how we hear and react to music as well.

Just wondering if anybody else here has noticed this phenomenon?
    Dan Madden :T
  • bf_brock
    • Jun 2004

I have acutally noticed this!

Comment

• Chris D
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Dec 2000

While I haven't noticed a difference in my enjoyment or ability to detect detail, listening in the morning or evening. the phenomenon you mention is quite real, I believe.

When I get my annual hearing tests, (required for my job) they always ask if you've had any loud noises in the last 24/48 hours, and if your test doesn't go well, they recommend that you come back for another test after you've had a noise-free period. I'm not an audiologist, but yes, I believe that our hearing is slightly "temporarily" impaired after being around noise. I can see how a day of noise in today's world could slightly erode hearing, especially for those in more noisy environments. The other factor could be that if you are fatigued, you are unable to detect as much detail, or in general get as much enjoyment.
      CHRIS

Well, we're safe for now. Thank goodness we're in a bowling alley.
      - Pleasantville

Comment

• Industrial
        • Mar 2009

See this is why I like playing vinyl using a tube preamp after work! Soothing on my ears, like a massage.

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"