Musical Fidelity V3 X-series - NOT GOOD!!

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NeutralMAN
    • May 2005

Musical Fidelity V3 X-series - NOT GOOD!!

Hi All,

Recently I purchased:
    MF X-can, X-dac, X-10, X-ray, X-150, X-psu.

Sound was great, but the components just didn't like me. I ran into many problems:

1. X-ray wouldn't connect optically to the x-dac using certain cables. the only ones that would hold lock were the cheap $10 ones. QED and AudioQuest optilink-3 wouldn't hold lock.

2. Things would rattle inside the components

3. X-psu made a humming sound like a outdoor power transformer

4. The x-cans made reverberation noises when things were touched on the cabinet, or phones plugged in. Even the opening and closing of the X-ray cd tray was heard through my HD650's.

5. The software/ firmware on the X-ray was very dodgy.

6. I was sold exdemo and used components and told they were new. Even when complaining of used products, they exchanged them for the same units I previously returned (now with extra tape on the box :M )

7. X-ray had scratched cd trays.

8. X-dac started humming loudly in the right channel.

Has any members ran into similar problems?? Sometimes I felt like these components were manufactured in someones garage, because Quality Assurance was not there!!

Any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

Thankx,
    NeutralMAN
  • Spearmint
    • Sep 2004

Wow you are certainly having some dramas...

I have got the X-PSUv3, X-10v3, & X-DACv3. To-date, and we are only talking about a little over a week, all units are very quite and work very well. The xformer is dead quite and runs very cool.

If the dealer is treating you like this I would demand a refund, and purchase else where.
    Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• NeutralMAN
      • May 2005

Spearmint,

They worked fine for about 1 month, then things went south :M dealing with the issues used more time than I listened to the system, just tired of it all :Z

Well Firstly I purchased from the retailer who did this to me. No problems with any components except the X-ray to X-dac optical locking issues. I got a refund and then bought direct from the importer. This is where the "issues" starting to occur!! :M I have gone throught a refund twice, and will not be purchasing any Musical Fidelity Products anymore :T .

Musical fidelity was informed on the re-occurring optical issues, and they said:
      1. Why do you want to connect the X-ray to the X-dac optically?
      2. just use a "non audiophile optical cable"

These are not answers to me, escecially for the prices I have paid.

Basically, I will not be dealing with that retailer or Musical Fidelity any more, and the issue has been logger with the federal consumer watch-dogs!!

I have a document of about 8 pages of text with full details if anyone is interested. (Made sure I documented everything.)

You should have seen the managers reaction, after he tried to re-sell me the same components I have complained about. He didn't even want me to look at the serial (I had pictures of the origional serial numers though :twisted: )

NeutralMAN

Comment

• audiofan
        • May 2004

i have X-10 V3. It's has been more than 3 months and it works flawlessly.

Comment

• NeutralMAN
          • May 2005

Never had probelms with the X-10V3, excellent unit.

With my experiences I have skewed the statistics, so that others won't have a problem.

But seriously, what would the chances be that I have so many problems?

Has anyone else exprienced X-ray/ X-dac connectivity issues through optical connections?

NeutralMAN

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"