X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • ToddAnisman
    • Apr 2005

Who here delays their Audio for HD?

Just curious...

In the Pro Audio Mixing world that I work in, we immediately noticed that HD sceens, whether plasma, LCD, projector etc. are out of sync about 2 NTSC frames. We confirmed this on our Christie digital Projector by taking a camera and actually recording the output of the christie against a glass HD monitor (only glass is in sync).

Wondering:

A) Who here delays their audio into sync when using a Plasma, LCD, or Projector

B) what equipment do you use to do this?

Thanks,
    -Todd A.
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

I don't have this problem, but my pre-pro has a "Group Audio Delay" setting adjustable from 0 to 85ms if necessary.

I think most newer HT pre/pros and receivers have a similar function.
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• sbank
      • Jun 2004

I delay my Audio too (Maybe around 10ms? I can't remember off-hand.) But I do not use my pre/pro to do this.

My DVD player (Arcam DV29) has a feature where it can delay the sound from the video source. It is a nice little feature. I don't need much delay since it is barely noticeable, but I am glad I could do it.

Edit: I thought you meant HT (home theater), not HD (high def). (too many acronyms..
      Last edited by sbank; 19 April 2005, 15:26 Tuesday. Reason: Misunderstood question.
      --
      Steve

Comment

• ajpoe
        • Jul 2004

I often find that I have to delay my audio when watching OTA HD. My Rotel 1068 allows me to do this with the touch of a couple buttons on the remote.
        AJPoe - - Growing old is inevitable, growing up is optional!

Comment

Working...
        Searching...Please wait.
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
        An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
        There are no results that meet this criteria.
        Search Result for "|||"