Any Australian members imported SVS subs?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • brendon
    • Aug 2004

Any Australian members imported SVS subs?

Hi all ,I am in very early stages of researching a subwoofer purchase and the SVS range looks like a winner but I would love to hear from anybody who has gone through the process of getting one to Oz and how do they stack up against locally sourced models so far as value etc goes.I was looking at spending not more than $1200 AUD and have small 4m sq room (fully enclosed)
    Thanks Brendon
  • Neal_C
    • Feb 2003

You could send an email to Tom or Ron at SVS and they could probably give you a very accurate shipping estimate to Australia.

I don't know if anyone on this board from Australia has an SVS, but I know there is atleast one person on either HTF or AVS.

Neal

Comment

• Voltron
      • Oct 2004

Fellow Ozzie Sithlord has a B12-Plus/4.

Comment

• Spearmint
        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by brendon
        Hi all ,I am in very early stages of researching a subwoofer purchase and the SVS range looks like a winner but I would love to hear from anybody who has gone through the process of getting one to Oz and how do they stack up against locally sourced models so far as value etc goes.I was looking at spending not more than $1200 AUD and have small 4m sq room (fully enclosed)
        Thanks Brendon
        Brendon,

I see you are in WA, have you considered HSU as an alternative?

I am not trying to sway you one way or the other as I am sure they are both good brands, it is just the Australian distributor for HSU is in Perth.

HSU Subs
        Richard

"Sometimes it is easier to ask forgiveness than to get permission... "

Comment

• brendon
          • Aug 2004

Hi Spearment ,
          Funny you should say that as I only stumbled over the fact that hsu was in Aust two days ago but did not know they were in Perth!I have just been looking over the HSU site and will give it serious consideration.
          I ran across an old thread on another site the other day which had some very nasty back and forth between the various HSU and SVS supporters and then the actual HSU and SVS manufacturers reps which left a less than great impression .But the very positive customer service feed back I keep seeing for both is reassuring and HSU pricing for Aust still seems like good value.

I have just looked on the HSU Australia site again and could find no mention of Perth just a mobile number.I suppose not having an address on the site ensures they really are an online retailer!
          Brendon

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"