X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • NMyTree
    • May 2004

Finally....my Wharfedale Opus 2

...in the Black Piano Gloss, has arrived at my Dealers!

:clap::clap:;h;h:banana::banana:;h;h:clap::clap:

As well as the Opus Center Channel!!!!

It took 4 months........but I'm a happy camper now :T

I'll be picking them up early next week.
    Tony
  • Andrew Pratt
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Aug 2000

Cool...got to like it when your dealer calls with good news!

Comment

• NMyTree
      • May 2004

Absolutely!

On Monday , my Parasound Halo A21 arrived at my door (UPS).

And today I get the call for the Wharfedales!

It's amazing how things always happen all at once.

I plan, I buy.....I figure the gear will trickle in a piece at a time. Instead, it comes in all at once :B

Not a bad thing. But funny how things work out.
      Tony

Comment

• mark4x4
        • Jul 2004

I have a pair of Wharfedale Evo 30's and for the price they are outstanding speakers. With that being said I'm looking to upgrade and was curious if you've heard the Evo series and how they compare to the Opus line? The dealer in my area is no longer carries Wharfedale speakers and I wanted to audition the Opus line. Audio Advisor was selling the Opus series at half msrp and I couldn't pull the trigger to buy them without hearing them first. Could you give me your impressions of your speakers?

Regards,
        mark4x4

Comment

• NMyTree
          • May 2004

The Opus 2 is in the howzzzzze!! :B :B

After an almost three week delay in being able to pick up the Opus 2 ( and Opus Center Channel) from my dealer; I was finally able to get up there and pick them up and bring them home.

I unpacked both of the Opus 2 and the Opus CC to make sure there wasn't any visable defects or damage. They are all perfect and beautiful!!!

This Black Piano lacquer finish is truely a beautiful piece of work. This is not the same as the Black Gloss finish on my Wharfedale Evo 10. The Opus is far superior.

I'll tell you one thing, Wharfedale really goes the extra mile with this Opus series.

Triple-boxed, two pairs of white cotton gloves (per speaker), two sets of different sized spikes, extra terminal bridges, a set of discs for the spikes to sit on for those with hardwood floors, a Certificate Of Authenticity which already has each speakers seriel number written out on it, some kind of Frequence and Impedance Response test print-out-which is supposed to be an exclusive test of my particular drivers; which I'm supposed to keep in case anything ever goes wrong/bad-so they can match up the replacement drivers as close as possible, the User (Owner) Manual is the most extensive manual I have ever seen-as far as the speakers I have personally owned, custom styro-foam top and bottom caps, a specially (for the Opus 2) heavy styro-foam brace/support piece in the middle of the length of the box- which perfectly (and tightly) holds the cabinet in place during shipping.

I'm very impressed with the extensive care and provisions Wharfedale has taken with these speakers.
          Tony

Comment

• NMyTree
            • May 2004

Mark,

I didn't see your question till just tonight. But it's a bit late right now, so I'll write something tomorrow regarding the Opus 2.
            Tony

Comment

• SpOoNmAn
              • Sep 2003

congrats :T

Theatre Photo Album (A work in Progress)
              GameTracker -My List-
              Life is short, Play it LOUD!

Comment

• NMyTree
                • May 2004

Thanks Spoonman.

It will be a few weeks before I get everything completed and set up in the Living Room.

Then I can do some extensive listening and convey my thoughts.
                Tony

Comment

Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"