This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Blindamood
    • Sep 2003

My primary goal was to figure out what to do with my CD collection. I had a 6-disc changer for a while, and was tired of having to pick out discs every time I wanted to listen. So, I considered a mega-changer, but they tend to be slow and noisy, and you have to key in most of the data for album, artist, etc.

So, when I stumbled across the Musica, it seemed to meet every criteria I had. It held all my discs in one place, allowed me to access them instantaneously, found meta data automatically for every CD, and had incredible sound quality. It also had stuff I hadn't even considered, such as Internet radio access.

To me, the only competition I even considered was the Cambridge Audio Azur 640H. Very similar in design and function, but cost about $200 more and didn't do FLAC encoding.

Once I got by some initial usability issues (i.e., system lock-up and reinstall), I have never regretted my decision. The sound quality is much better than the CD (universal) changer I had previously, the Onkyo DV-CP802.

The usability keeps getting better as well. For example, one of the early criticisms of the Olive was the lack of support for an external monitor. The screen size is fairly small, and so was the text. Well, Olive has been very response in this regard, first allowing the temporary display of a larger font size while using the remote, and then the addition of the new Web interface. I am very impressed with the ease of upgradability as well...2 upgrades in the last few months, and they take only minutes to install via my existing wi-fi connection.

Now if they would only add SACD support via a free firmware update... :E
    Brad

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"