X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • whoaru99
    • Jul 2004

Biamp watts needed for mid/high?

If I were to try biamping my DefTech BP30's, about how many watts would be necessary for the mid/high freqs to balance properly with 250 watts/ch available to the low side?

BTW- not looking for louder, looking for better.
    There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT
  • raider
    • Dec 2004

Originally posted by whoaru99
    If I were to try biamping my DefTech BP30's, about how many watts would be necessary for the mid/high freqs to balance properly with 250 watts/ch available to the low side?

BTW- not looking for louder, looking for better.
    I am biamping my bp30's with two adcom 555 mk2 at 200 watts per channel,that is 200w to the tweets and 200w to the mid bass and had real good results with this arrangement.If you biamp,biamp vertical to avoid crosstalk and for the best results you should use a passive crossover.
    It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

• Crimson
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Aug 2000

and for the best results you should use a passive crossover.
      Why is that?
      Q.

Comment

• whoaru99
        • Jul 2004

Actually, I should have been more clear in my original post. My thoughts of biamping were to use the one of the good old Yamaha amps I have for the midbass/woofers and an amp of better quality for the tweeters. Specifically, I may have a chance at a Levinson No. 27 for a very good price that is 100 w/ch and was wondering if this would be enough for the tweeters.

Also, a secondary question is whether or not I would receive any appreciable increase in sound quality by doing something like this.
        Last edited by whoaru99; 04 January 2005, 23:41 Tuesday.
        There are some things which are impossible to know, but it is impossible to know which things these are. :scratchhead:

----JAFFE'S PRECEPT

Comment

• bimmer528
          • Sep 2004

Originally posted by whoaru99
          Actually, I should have been more clear in my original post. My thoughts of biamping were to use the one of the good old Yamaha amps I have for the midbass/woofers and an amp of better quality for the tweeters. Specifically, I may have a chance at a Levinson No. 27 for a very good price that is 100 w/ch and was wondering if this would be enough for the tweeters.

Also, a secondary question is whether or not I would receive any appreciable increase in sound quality by doing something like this.
          If you get that levinson, use that for your full range and use the yamaha for other channels.

Comment

• raider
            • Dec 2004

in my oringinal post i stated passive crossover when it should be active my apologies to whoaru99 and crimson
            It Is What It Is 8)

Comment

Working...
            Searching...Please wait.
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
            An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
            There are no results that meet this criteria.
            Search Result for "|||"