Has anyone heard of this "MUSICAL FIDELITY - X-10 V3 TUBE BUFFER"?

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • audiofan
    • May 2004

Has anyone heard of this "MUSICAL FIDELITY - X-10 V3 TUBE BUFFER"?

Looks like this is a good add-on to CD player instead of buing a dedicated player.
  • purplepeople
    • Aug 2004

So... I don't get it? Do you add this in the signal path between CDP and amplifer OR do you replace the output stage of your CDP with this circuit?

ensen.
    Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it...

Comment

• audiofan
      • May 2004

based on the manual , putting it between amp and pre-amp will improve sound of any sources.

Comment

• Andrew Pratt
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Aug 2000

I've seen it but never heard it...though I'm curious about it

Comment

• Cowanrg
          • Feb 2004

ive seen, heard, and believed.

its a cool piece. we have it on our x150 integrated and xray cd player. it definately cleans up the audio a bit and makes things a bit more detailed. for a 2-channel system it definately helps things out. and for the money, its worth it.

Comment

• purplepeople
            • Aug 2004

How does it work?

ensen
            Those who claim to be making history are often the same ones repeating it...

Comment

• aarsoe
              • May 2004

Basically it is a 1 to 1 buffer stage, driven by tubes... So what comes in - goes out

Comment

• Joe S
                • Dec 2004

I have one of these along with the X PSU, which I understand greatly increases the benefit (have not tried it without the PSU). It is connected between my CD player (Cyrus 8x with PSX-R) and my amp (Krell KAV 400xi bi-amped with MF X-A200s driving treble). I was astounded at the fifference it made in detail, warmth and, in particular, base authority! Certainly one of the best bits I've ever purchased. I am so impressed I've been wondering what would happen if I put two of them in line! Check out the MF site for copies of the Hi Fi world and Hi Fi News reviews (both September '04). Also gets rave reviews in Stereophile this month (12/04 issue I think).

Comment

• David Meek
                  Moderator Emeritus
                  • Aug 2000

Hi Joe, welcome to The Guide. :welcome:

Yep, you've pretty much duplicated the review in Stereophile by Sam Tellig. Let's just say he liked it. Also, he says that of the four X-devices he reviewed the X-PSU made more of a sonic difference than the X-DAC!

David - Trigger-happy HTGuide Admin

Comment

• audiofan
                    • May 2004

just wondering whether X-10 V3 is equivalent to Benchmark DAC-1 in sound?

Comment

• Joe S
                      • Dec 2004

Don't know that product. X-10 is of course not a DAC but David is right, Sterophile fouind that the X-10 plus PSU made more of an impact than the X-DAC plus PSU and the X-10 costs 40% of what the X-DAC does. I don't think he was absolutely clear what he though of the combination of the three working together, though--i.e. whether that was significantly better than one or the other alone.

Comment

Working...
                      Searching...Please wait.
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                      An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                      There are no results that meet this criteria.
                      Search Result for "|||"