X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • chrisn
    • Sep 2007

New Pickups

I have this Yamaha Pacifica, and while I like it, the sound wasn't what I wanted. The neck pickup wasn't bad, I don't use the middle, and the bridge humbucker just didn't sound good no matter how much I adjusted the pole pieces or pickup height. So on the wall it hung, not getting played. I'd been looking at guitar fetish, and liked their sound clips for the Van Halen style humbucker, and in a moment of restraint, I bought that and a neck p.u. to put in the Yamaha, instead of buying another guitar just to modify.

I didn't want to resting it, so I just detuned it until I could slide out the pickguard assembly. I replaced the pots with larger 500k ones, and added some foil under the pick guard for shielding. I should've shielded the cavity as well. Everything fit without needing any clearancing (sp?), and it sounds much better. The HB cleans up very nice, I may add a coil split at a later date, I need to research 5 way switches and wiring first. Just thought I'd share

Click image for larger version

Name:	pac2011.jpg
Views:	1
Size:	82.7 KB
ID:	872180

Name:	pac1.jpg
Size:	86.4 KB
ID:	872181

Name:	pac2350.jpg
Size:	82.4 KB
ID:	872182
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

looks good man...
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer

Comment

Working...
    Searching...Please wait.
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
    An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
    There are no results that meet this criteria.
    Search Result for "|||"