X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Lex
    Moderator Emeritus
    • Apr 2001

I did not buy this, lol.

All original 1960 ES-335, Scorch! 100K And yet they charge 65.00 for shipping? Are you kidding me? LOL

I think this one is from Norman's Fine Guitars collection, something like that.

Like the Les Paul, the ES-335 stands as one of Gibson's all-time most iconic models. The ES-335 is a semi-hollowbody guitar which means that it has a solid block of wood running through its center with hollow wings on either side. This construction style maintains the open tone of a hollowbody wh...

Apparently, they only made 200 of those between 58 and 60.

Here is another one for 85K.

Like the Les Paul, the ES-335 stands as one of Gibson's all-time most iconic models. The ES-335 is a semi-hollowbody guitar which means that it has a solid block of wood running through its center with hollow wings on either side. This construction style maintains the open tone of a hollowbody wh...
    Doug
    "I'm out there Jerry, and I'm loving every minute of it!" - Kramer
  • Kevin P
    • Aug 2000

Are you sure you didn't buy it?

Comment

• Lex
      Moderator Emeritus
      • Apr 2001

VERY Sure Kev, lol. My pockets aren't THAT deep! I couldn't afford the case, ha

A guitar like that, will always take me back to Marty's solo in the 60s Back to the Future, even if he didn't use a vintage correct guitar. I am not real certain about that, I need to go back and view the kicking solo of Marty McFly. He's one of my all time favorite actors. Really bummed he had to get Parkinsons when he did at such a young age.
      Doug

Comment

• dyazdani
        Moderator Emeritus
        • Oct 2005

He plays an ES-345 in the movie, love that guitar...
        Danish

Comment

• Hdale85
          Moderator Emeritus
          • Jan 2006

Originally posted by Kevin P
          Are you sure you didn't buy it?
          Hah I was going to post the exact same question!

Comment

• chrisn
            • Sep 2007

That is a bit spendy, almost Hemi Cuda money, but it does come with a case. Back to the Future is a great movie. When people find out I build speakers, they always ask if I've built a giant "Marty McFly" speaker.

Comment

• Lex
              Moderator Emeritus
              • Apr 2001

Ahhh, thanks for the clarification, I did not know that Danish. I have not watched it at all since I started playing, but however, I probably would not have known that model anyway. So, it's a true vintage guitar he played huh?
              Doug

Comment

Working...
              Searching...Please wait.
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
              An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
              There are no results that meet this criteria.
              Search Result for "|||"