Speakers Surround

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • resin55
    Junior Member
    • Jan 2022
    • 6

    #1

    Speakers Surround

    Hi all,,
    This is my first post on the forum.
    I'm thinking of making a pair of speakers for my Home Theater ...
    I have seen a project in this forum that seems very interesting to me, it would be to make Surround speakers ,,,
    Can you tell me if they would be worth what I need?
    The project is this ,,,,,
    http: //www.htguide.com/forum/showthread.php? 38222-My-A7-Project-an-almost-mini-RS100-4-and-ND20FA-6.

    Also as a second option could be these ...
    The Repository->DIY->Swope HT A friend of mine asked me to do a custom Home Theater design for him. Nothing too ostentatious, but he wanted it to be competitive with the boutique brands in the 4-figure range. After toying with a few various cabinet shapes, we agreed on a pair of MTM mains, TM

    I await your advice.

    Greetings
    Last edited by resin55; 13 January 2022, 05:44 Thursday.
  • Valentine
    Junior Member
    • Jul 2014
    • 2

    #2
    That is a hard question I guess.

    I have not heard the loudspeakers. What I can say is that all drivers (HIVI/Dayton) are excellent drivers for what they cost. I am listening to Hivi M8N drivers daily and I would not want to mis them.

    As I see it I would not fault any of both. Both are mature projects. One would have to have listened to both to have an answer, because any single would be subjective.

    Comes down to price maybe. But price against what? What listening experience?

    Personally I would build the Paul Camody ones. But that is a biased gut feeling answer. 8O

    Comment

    • resin55
      Junior Member
      • Jan 2022
      • 6

      #3
      No problem building the Paul Camody ,,, I have a project to make a central channel with RS125 .... and the front towers the ZDT3.5 project from zaphaudio ...
      There is no problem in incorporating the surrounds of Paul Camody?
      Thanks

      Comment

      • resin55
        Junior Member
        • Jan 2022
        • 6

        #4
        Could this other project by Paul also be used for Surrounds?

        Comment

        • CADman_ks
          Senior Member
          • Jan 2012
          • 497

          #5
          Originally posted by resin55
          Could this other project by Paul also be used for Surrounds?
          https://sites.google.com/site/undefi...ightsensations
          Like Valentine, I can't give any personal experience with the OS's as surround speakers, but I did build them, and use them in another project. I can tell you that they are very nice sounding speakers. I used them in a boombox that I built in this thread:

          Bluetooth portable speaker ideas
          CADman_ks
          - Stentorian build...
          - Ochocinco build...
          - BT speaker / sub build...

          Comment

          • resin55
            Junior Member
            • Jan 2022
            • 6

            #6
            Surround speaker

            Thanks for everything... I'm going to build them together with this other project... http://www.danmarx.org/blog/?p=2935

            Comment

            • CADman_ks
              Senior Member
              • Jan 2012
              • 497

              #7
              Originally posted by resin55
              Thanks for everything... I'm going to build them together with this other project... http://www.danmarx.org/blog/?p=2935
              Happy building!! Keep us updated on the progress...
              CADman_ks
              - Stentorian build...
              - Ochocinco build...
              - BT speaker / sub build...

              Comment

              Related Topics

              Collapse

              • argentinaCile
                Crossover for modified Paul Carmody's ZX Spectrum
                by argentinaCile
                Hi to all!
                I'm new to the forum and also i'm new to diy speakers

                My project starts from Paul Carmody's ZX Spectrum/Amiga, a floorspeaker 102cm height, 21.7 wide and 29.3 depth with HiVi M6N woofer and Monacor DT-300+waveguide WG-300. I choose this tweeter with his waveguide because...
                01 February 2016, 17:00 Monday
              • Wilson
                HT Speaker project – Bass Bin and CC questions?
                by Wilson
                As this is my first post here on the HTG forum, I must first say Hello and comment on how much I have enjoyed reading everyone’s posts and replies. There is an incredible depth-of-knowledge and exchange of information here that I have not found on any other forum, and now that my ‘road warrior’...
                17 March 2007, 14:14 Saturday
              • Wheels
                Dayton or HiVi
                by Wheels
                So sometimes you gotta just start a project, but I want to make sure I'm picking out drivers that will play well together. I'd like to use the Dayton ND20FB tweeter, but I am having a harder time picking out a woofer to go with it. I can't decide between the Dayton RS100, the HiVi B4N, or some other...
                03 August 2011, 22:29 Wednesday
              • Unclejunebug
                Recommendations for rear surround options
                by Unclejunebug
                I recently built some Swope MTM's (which I love) as main LR's for my home theater and I was originally planning on building the center and rear surrounds to round out the set. I'm still planning on the center but now, because of how my living room is setup, I'm wondering what the best course of action...
                07 January 2013, 04:23 Monday
              • Wheels
                Rear Surround Speakers Build
                by Wheels
                I'm trying to help a friend with his rear speakers in his surround setup. His room layout is anything but ideal. There is no way possible to move the rear speakers so they are outside everyone without going in the attic, and he really doesn't want to do that. I mentioned I could build him some new...
                17 January 2009, 14:32 Saturday
              • Loading...
              • No more items.
              Working...
                Searching...Please wait.
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

                Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

                Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
                An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
                There are no results that meet this criteria.
                Search Result for "|||"