X
X

• Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • BBLV
    • Dec 2007

Curved, Carbon Fiber-skinned Statements

Thought I would start a new thread to post my ideas, design & build process, and to field questions to and from you all. I built the Statement center several years back and plan to build a new box for it, most likely putting the new unshielded Dayton woofers in it. I am also going to be building the full size Statements for the mains and the monitor Statements for surrounds.

I have decided I am going with a curved setup after seeing all of the amazing curved builds on this forum. Major props to some of the woodworkers on here. I have definitely learned a thing or two just from following the various builds.

Can someone post a screenshot of what the parameters and optimized vented box graph SHOULD look like in Unibox? With two RS225-8's in parallel, ported 100L box I am getting an F3 of 28.05Hz. 80L box I get an F3 of 30.20Hz. But there is conflicting/confusing port info in the left column, i.e. port length... Is there going to be a difference between the "standard design" and the "design by Vb, Fb, and Q"?

I plan on supplementing my setup with one, possibly two, ported UXL-18's. I listen to music on this system, but this is mainly a movie/TV/theater setup. When my speaker builds are complete I plan on buying a new receiver and some real power, possibly an Emotiva amp to make them scream. Just to give you an idea of what my goal is here.

I just want to make sure my design is spot on before I spend a ton of time and money building a full set of Statements. I plan on building a very unique box and wrapping it with carbon fiber... Just a hint at what is to come :T
  • BBLV
    • Dec 2007

Odd question that I haven't seen asked anywhere regarding the Statements. I suspect the answer is no, but here it goes:

Can I build the Statements in a WWMTM layout, assuming the baffle width is the same and the enclosure depths are the same? I am thinking of a separate woofer box, like the Aerial 20T:
    Attached Files

Comment

• djkest
      • Oct 2011

I don't see why you couldn't. But I guess it depends on your reasons for doing so- it's going to end up bigger/taller if you make them seperate instead of integrated. If you do a MTM+WW build, you could do somethink like slope the front and / or back panels on the bottom outward, to give you a little more internal volume for the height. By doing the MTM seperately I wonder if you could just make a 5-sided box instead of 2 seperate "mid tunnels".

Also check out the "mini statements" as well just to give you some ideas. There are a lot of sanctioned variations on the statements design. Sounds cool!

Comment

• BBLV
        • Dec 2007

My concern with the WW-MTM stems from some posts I read about potential "lobing" issues. Whether or not it would be audible to my untrained ears is a different story...

Comment

• Jim Holtz
          Ultra Senior Member
          • Mar 2005

Originally posted by BBLV
          My concern with the WW-MTM stems from some posts I read about potential "lobing" issues. Whether or not it would be audible to my untrained ears is a different story...
          Sorry, this has been asked about before and Curt's response is it would require a crossover mod to make it sound right. That's not a possibility. The Mini's have the driver configuration you're looking for and bass is very similar in extension with some differences in impact.

Your 1st question is one for Curt. I don't know the answer.

Jim

Comment

Working...
          Searching...Please wait.
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because you have logged in since the previous page was loaded.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An unexpected error was returned: 'Your submission could not be processed because the token has expired.

Please push the back button and reload the previous window.'
          An internal error has occurred and the module cannot be displayed.
          There are no results that meet this criteria.
          Search Result for "|||"